Forum to exchange ideas, discuss trends, learn about new Microsoft technologies, and having a good time with other talented Solution Architects that put Microsoft Technologies to work in innovative ways...
Software engineering is gravely hampered today by immature practices. Specific problems include:
• The prevalence of fads more typical of fashion industry than of an engineering discipline.
• The lack of a sound, widely accepted theoretical basis.
• The huge number of methods and method variants, with differences little understood and artificially magnified.
• The lack of credible experimental evaluation and validation.
• The split between industry practice and academic research.
SEMAT supports a process to refound software engineering based on a solid theory, proven principles and best practices that:
• Include a kernel of widely-agreed elements, extensible for specific uses
• Addresses both technology and people issues
• Are supported by industry, academia, researchers and users
• Support extension in the face of changing requirements and technology