The startup of you - how to be more productive, survive the ups and downs and even enjoy the ride.
Over the last 7 years I co-founded two successful startups, one of which was acquired, was involved in hiring and managing over 40 employees and brought the products we developed to millions of users.
I’ve decided to speak (for the first time) about the personal angle - how to survive the roller coaster and get through the tough days. The focus of this talk is not your startup but you - it’s about and for the people behind successful companies.
• How to be more productive, work reasonable hours and enjoy everyday tasks.
• How to get along better with your co-founders and employees and to build trust. Overcoming conflicts and competition inside the company, getting everyone involved in the product/ business decisions without creating chaos.
• Why focusing on your users creates a motivated and happy team and how to do it right.
• What you can learn from professional athletes about losing and how improving your weakest point helps in increasing your happiness.
• The importance of a company culture and how it leads to a better performing group (and one that it’s fun to be a part)
About the speaker:
Co-founder and VP Product of Takipi, a start-up company solving one of cloud computing's toughest problems. Previously co-founder and VP Product at VisualTao, a Sequoia backed start-up company developing cloud technologies for engineering and design. Sr.Product Line Manager for the new AutoCAD web and mobile product line following VisualTao's acquisition by Autodesk Inc (ADSK).
I write (and sometime guest-post) on product design and marketing on my personal blog at www.startupmoon.com You can follow me at @irisshoor