The Second Sunday Social will be held on second Sunday of each month at 5:30 PM. (Details of our next "formal" Monthly MMAH Dinner Meeting are forthcoming. It is generally held on the 4th Sunday of each month unless revised otherwise for a particular month.)
Having another social get-together on the second Sunday of each month as an adjunct to the Potluck Social on the first Sunday of each month was a decision made in our Program Development and Organization Structuring Meeting, as MMAH members have such great time together that they want to spend more time together! Additionally:
- The Second Sunday Social provides another consistent time and place for fellowship and community building and for others who may have schedule conflict with other times.
- The Second Sunday Social will be that which provides a much more informal time for people to get to know one another.
We will start off with dinner and table conversations. An ice-breaker or other group activity will follow. The remaining time will be for whatever suits individual interests.
• Open discussion
• Book discussion
• Give a demo about one of our hobbies
• Brave folks may share a talent as entertainment
• Card games, etc.
• The sky's the limit, with plenty of room to evolve!
Time: 5:30 PM – dinner and table conversations
6:30 PM – group activities
Place: Old Great Wall Buffet Restaurant (Private Banquet Room)
4832 W. Saginaw Hwy.
Lansing, Michigan 48917
Click on http://maps.google.co... interactive map. (Not to be confused with the World Buffet Restaurant on the same strip mall, located west of Mall Drive that runs N-S between the 2 restaurants)
- Buffet $9.65 incl. tax (beverage extra except for hot tea)
- Order individual entrée from the menu
- Please RSVP directly to Events Coordinator/Program Adviser Jennifer Bixby at (517)[masked] or on our Meetup website http://atheists.meetup.com/453.
We look forward to everyone joining us for another evening of fun and fellowship.
Jim Hong, Director
Mid-Michigan Atheists and Humanists
American Atheists Affiliate
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
--- Annie Dillard