We normally have a first Sunday Potluck Social for the MMAH group, but because this is a holiday week-end, we are planning a Family Picnic.
Event Host Cheryl Overley has agreed to organize the event, and detailed information is provided below:
Sunday, September 1 beginning at 2:00 p.m.
Looking Glass Valley Park
13323 Wacousta Rd.
Grand Ledge, Michigan
• Cheryl will provide coolers of water and ice tea, burger patties (beef, turkey and veggie) plus buns.
• Jim Hong will provide condiments, watermelon, lemonade, charcoal, lighter fluid, plates, napkins, utensils and cups.
• You may bring meats of your choice to grill, and beverage of your liking.
• Please bring a dish to share, such as side dish, salad, dessert, or snacks (pretzels, chips, veggies-and-dip, etc.).
• You are welcome to bring lawn games that you and your family would enjoy. It would be a good idea to pack bug spray, sun screen and lawn chairs. There is a pavilion we could use if it should rain.
Folks who want to tube down the river can meet up at Looking Glass Valley Park and launch at Heritage Park which is 1/2 mile north. Thanks to bends in the river, that 1/2 mile is about a 30-40 minute float or an hour dawdle. People can extend the float a bit further by staying in past Wacousta Road to the Girl Scout campground. It's a very short walk back to Looking Glass Valley Park.
We hope many of you will plan to bring your family and spend the afternoon with us.
Please RSVP to me and/or at the MMAH Meetup website: http://atheists.meetup.com/453/.
We look forward to seeing you at this special family holiday event!
Jim Hong, Director
Mid-Michigan Atheists and Humanists
American Atheists Affiliate