Mid-Michigan Atheists and Humanists is a proactive, social, educational, non-profit, organization whose central goal is to protect the welfare of society by defending the wall of separation between church and state and protecting our First Amendment Rights. We monitor ongoing political events and provide information to our membership when we observe a breach forming in that wall. We write letters to the editors and legislators. We hold protests and initiate legal actions when necessary.
Additionally, our organization provides a community for those who subscribe to scientific and natural explanations in regard to the nature of reality. The goals of this community are:
1. To raise concerns over issues of State and Church Separation.
2. To challenge claims of supernatural or paranormal phenomena by providing scientific and natural explanations.
4. To provide selected topics and speakers at formal meetings.
5. To provide informal events to foster friendships and community building.
6. To be a presence in the community by participating in social programs.
7. To cooperate and collaborate with other organizations of similar ideology and pool resources when necessary for achieving mutual objectives.
Our membership is open to Atheists, Humanists, Brights, Freethinkers, Agnostics, Skeptics, Rationalists, and others who share the ideals of our organization.
We invite you to meet other local atheists and freethinkers for conversation and friendship! Come to an Atheists Meetup to discuss atheism-related beliefs and philosophies and consider spiritual and religious influence in America.