The Greater Middle East Exchange (GME) Message Board › Movie: Where Do We Go?

Movie: Where Do We Go?

Kay
user 10404303
West Bloomfield, MI
Post #: 36
Hi All,

Here's a new movie playing at the Landmark Royal Oak. If you're interested let's get together and go!!

Infused with songs and dancing, this serio-comic fable of a community beset by conflict between two faiths speaks out the desire of every citizen to live in peace. Set in a remote village where a Christian church and Muslim mosque stand side by side, director/co-writer/actress Nadine Labaki's (Caramel) ironically humorous drama follows the antics of the town's women to keep their blowhard men from starting a religious war. Women heartsick over sons, husbands and fathers lost to previous flare-ups unite to distract their men with a variety of clever ruses, from faking a miracle to hiring a troop of Ukrainian strippers. Winner of the People's Choice Award for Best Narrative Feature at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival. (Fully subtitled)
IKO
iko_suzuki
Group Organizer
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 14
I am interested in watching this. Let's make an event. It is also available at AMC Star Fairlane 21 in Dearborn. I believe Dearborn is better location for others.
How about this coming Friday 6/29 or following Friday 7/6? I would make an event like… 8:00 dinner and 9:30 film.
Just for the note, she also directed Caramel which is probably better film. Regardless, I would like to watch her new film.