align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Madison Area Gamehole Role Playing Society Message Board › Recruiting for Feb. 22 Savage Worlds

Recruiting for Feb. 22 Savage Worlds

Joshua H.
JoshuaH
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
While most of the events for the February 22 "Mini Gameholecon" at I'm Board are nearing capacity, my Savage Worlds Weird War II game is lagging. So with 2 weeks to go I want to do a little marketing and give some more details in hopes of enticing some new folks to sign up:

Savage Worlds is easy to play. It's fast and fun. While this campaign is set during WWII in occupied Europe, it is not a "war game" (any more than D&D or Pathfinder is). It is a mix of tabletop, strategy and role playing. It is a series of adventures as the party tries to get to safety. Think Hogan's Heroes meets Inglorious Bastards meets a Twilight Zone episode.

There are a variety of pre-generated characters to play. Sure there are numerous soldier archetypes but there is also an OSS scientist named Miles, a tenacious field nurse named Jackie and a mysterious spy/resistance fighter named Radka to choose from.

I ran this at the Gamehole Wednesday night for the guys. They did great and very few had played Savage Worlds before. So be brave, be Savage!

Hope you can join us on the 22nd...

- Josh
Scott P.
Scott308
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
Savage Worlds is a fun and easy system to play. I was looking forward to playing until Ernie Gygax added a second session to his early game. I couldn't pass on that opportunity, but I urge others to give Savage Worlds a try. I guarantee you'll like it, or your money back.