Midtown Review Book Club Message Board › Philip Wylie

Philip Wylie

CJ D.
user 12788012
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Sorry, I can't find the original post by Will with the interview link but here it is for anyone interested.
http://www.hrc.utexas...­

Finally watched the entire interview of Philip Wylie by Mike Wallace in 1957. It is well worth the time. Everything he says is so very relevant today, and he covers many 'big' issues. I didn't have a problem, as some had, with Mike Wallace's interview style until the very end where he doesn't allow Mr. Wylie to give the 3 sentences attributed to Jesus that define his personal philosophy. THAT I very much wanted to hear and is enough to make me read more of Mr. Wylie.
A former member
Post #: 5
It was a terrific selection, though after seeing him on television - cigarette-holder "action" and all - I suspect the "suggestive" characteristics he ascribed to Paula(?) (crying for it from the neighbor and unhooking the bra) were "digs" at his ex-wife, to perversely attempt to justify his real-life marriage-destroying adultery.