Mike Franco for State Senate 2014! Message Board › Why Franco Over Albano for Governor's Council

Why Franco Over Albano for Governor's Council

Mike F.
user 8110721
Chicopee, MA
The local daily "newspaper" apparently did a feature story on my opponent, Mike Albano, former controversial mayor of Springfield, published on its front page today. In it, Albano continued to complain that the FBI unfairly targeted his administration, and further, victimized him directly.
I was interviewed for the story as well, being told that it would be about the Governor's Council race. But once again, the paper wasted our time. During a 1/2 hour telephone conversation with the reporter, he tried to elicit comments from me about Albano being a "comeback kid". I would not fall for it.
Instead, I talked with him about the role of the Governor's Council, the importance of its Executive Board, and my ideas and philosophy with regard to Gubernatorial appointments. Yet, not one positive thing was mentioned from our discussion in the article.
So, since we're off topic, here's an excerpt from the article. It's a statement from the FBI field office in response to Albano's perpetual grievance:

"Five years ago we responded to assertions that the FBI's investigation of corruption in Springfield's government was inappropriate," the FBI spokesman said. "We stand by that statement, which broadly outlined the parameters governing FBI investigations. The FBI does not investigate people in bad faith and we initiate and carry on investigations consistent with the constitution, law and policy."
To refresh your memory, please see next an editorial from BusinessWest, June 1, 2003: