Miltown Game Developers Message Board › More meetups coming soon!

More meetups coming soon!

Joe B
user 8707291
Group Organizer
Milwaukee, WI
Hi all,
I hope everybody has had a great end-of-summer! We haven't had too many meetups lately. Most people seem to be incredibly busy around this time of the year (I'm no exception), so I thought we'd take a little break from meeting for a time.
Now that summer is winding down, we're going to start meeting again! Here's a brief summary of what we've got in store:

GENERAL MEETUPS
Once a month, we'll be meeting for our regular show-n-tell. No particular agenda, it's just more of a hanging out and talking about games, making games and nerdery in general.

PROJECTS
A small group of us is going to start developing a small game as an exercise in teamwork. This particular meetup series will be posted, but unlike the general meetup is going to limited in scope to what's being worked on, and heavily structured so as to accomplish our goal. New participants are welcome, but are also expected to contribute in some way... no exceptions!
This is not to say you can't start your own project through this site. If you want to start something up, let me know, we'll meet, and I'll give you the tools to start organizing your own project! This group is all about community and collaboration, so step up and get something started!

TUTORIALS
Also upcoming is a new series of tutorials. We had pretty good response with the pilot tutorials, in particular Anupam's Shader tutorial. I've collected a few ideas for another set of tutorials, and will be contacting people who are interested in teaching a topic. Here's a brief list of probable topics and their presenters:
Shaders (continued), Anupam Das
System Design, Joe B
3D Modeling, Jay S
If anyone else has ideas for new tutorials, let the group know.

Expect to see a new meetup schedule soon. Bye for now. - Joe B