Milwaukee Agile Message Board › Help students with a disability find careers in IT >> Come to AbilITy

Help students with a disability find careers in IT >> Come to AbilITy Connection event next Thursday evening

Todd N.
tnilson
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 43
AbilITy Connection is a program of IndependenceFirst. The program's mission is to help students and recent grads in IT who happen to have a disability to establish a career in technology.

Get acquainted with us by attending our Fall Networking Event next Thursday evening at ComedySportz. This is a free event and you can find out how to get involved as a mentor, trainer, committee member or contributor to the program.

Disability touches each of our lives at some way and at some point. Help us to help this underserved population.
Amy H.
AmyHaffner
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 29
Hi Todd,

I am interested in attending this event, but will not be able to be there at the 4:30 start time; is it okay to arrive a little late?

Thanks,
Amy
Sally W.
user 49784032
Brookfield, WI
Post #: 2
I can't make this whole event, but I'll try to stop in.

If anyone wants to know about the program from someone who has used it, please give me a call. We had 2 interns this summer through Independence First and it was an enormous success. It was truly an experience where everyone involved came out ahead. A win for our team, a win for the company, and a win for the interns.

Please let me know if you want to know about our experience. I'm happy to share the rough patches (selling the idea to senior management, integrating the interns into the team) along with some of the unexpected positive results (seeing new potential for leadership in our existing team).

Sally
414-322-5071