Milwaukee Gamers Coalition Message Board › Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself!

Josh G
RogueRegent
Group Organizer
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 7
Let us know who you are! (I'll add mine in a little bit)
Josh G
RogueRegent
Group Organizer
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 8
So, as your powers of observation have probably noticed by now... My name is Josh. I work for US Cellular.. I tend to play lots of games, watch movies and work out during the winter months.. In the summer I do those things too... but less frequently as I like to do outdoor things too (camping, fishing, racing, motorcycle, wrench on the car/bike.. etc)

I have a pretty sweet gaming PC setup and tend to play League of Legends, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Rocksmith, and a few others here and there (looking into the Secret World now that Jim pointed me in that direction :-P) I am a total geek and goofball if you haven't noticed. I've built somewhere around 8 computers for myself or friends/family and helped fix countless. I have a lot of 'hobbies'... photography, guitar, autocross, gaming, websites, and trying crazy things like sky diving.

If you have any questions or want some insight on anything... shoot me a message! You can also email me at grandt146@gmail.com.

Who's next?
A former member
Post #: 1
The name is Caz, and I'd best be described as guy who enjoys a,oittle bit of everything. There is not much I won't enjoy as long as it is spent in good company. My main hobbies consist of gaming (obviously), soaking up entertainment like TV shows and movies, reading, and I enjoy plenty of physical activities such as sports (love playing basketball), biking and simply walking a lot outdoors. I'm also pretty big into music and am a player of the drums myself, not just with a set but hand drums as well.

Not much else to tell beyond that.
Eric K.
user 76540542
Pewaukee, WI
I go by Eklebtik, my friends call me Eric, I enjoy FPS, RPG, Indie, and MMO on the xbox 360, playstation 3, and PC. I am starting my own youtube channel soon and will be starting to stream on Twitch. As for TV, I'm into zombies(The Walking Dead) and the Game of Thrones. I like to drink beer, hang out with the buds, and game until all hours of the night with bloodshot eyes.
Chris C.
Yuripaw
Waukesha, WI
Hi folks, I'm Chris. I joined this group a couple nights ago, and wanted to introduce myself. I don't know how long you guys have already been doing meetups, but I am really interested in participating in the future if that's cool.

I don't really play many multiplayer games these days I admit, I found that I get too frustrated with competitive games, because I don't really have the time to get good at them, so if I did play em, it's just for fun. I mostly play the types of games with a good story, like RPGs, but do like other stuff as well. Last couple game I beat was Bioshock Infinite, and the new Tomb Raider and they were both awesome! Some of my favorite games include EarthBound for the Super Nintendo, Persona 4 for the Playstation 2, and while I don't play it currently, I played the MMO Final Fantasy XI for many years and still consider it one of my favorites. I'm also just a big fan of classic Nintendo games, like the Mario, and Zelda series.

I also am a bit of a movie buff. I have collected movie posters since I was a kid. Favorite movies would include the first Die Hard, Clue, Dawn of the Dead (original), and John Carpenter's The Thing.

I joined this group because I don't really have any friends, and like the creator of this group has said, it seems hard to find other gamers sometimes. Seems like everyone I've ever known looks at games as a waste of time, or only enjoys the casual stuff. Other than my job at Gamestop, I don't really get out of the house much, cuz I'm always just gaming by myself, or reading game forums, lol; I'm really hoping to change that. I'm hoping I can make some friends here, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.
Sean H.
user 90847832
Milwaukee, WI
Multiplayer: L4D, L4D2, Team Fortress 2, Assassin's Creed 2-3 (not competitive), Portal 2, Splinter Cell series (non-competitive), Counterstrike Source/Global Offensive,

Single Player: Bioshock 1,2,3. Mass Effect 1,2,3. Assassin's Creed 1-3, Deus Ex: HR, Portal, Skyrim, Dishonored, Walking Dead.
Leslie P.
user 10349175
Menomonee Falls, WI
Hey! I'm Leslie. I've been a PC gamer for about 20something years. I'm 28, college grad, entrepreneur, and I also work part time at a church. I have a small business and spend most of my time bouncing between different professional projects and my own personal creative projects. I am something of an artist/craftswoman, I have lots of hobbies (reading, animals, nature, philosophy, gaming, and more).

I own a few board games, I enjoy tabletop RPGs and have played Shadowrun (I have most of the 4th ed books if anybody wants to run a game some time), D&D, and some home brewed GURPS campaigns. I teach and enjoy playing comedy improv games, writing & drawing games, and team building games.

Since I have so many other hobbies and my career is closely related to the arts and humanities, I very rarely meet other gamers. I'm also pretty serious about some of the issues facing gamer culture, like rampant homophobia and sexism; I have found some gaming groups difficult to hang out with because of their lack of immaturity and white-hetero-male cliqueishness. I love shooting zombies as much as the next guy; I'd just like to do it without having to listen to rape jokes. :P

Games: Dwarf Fortress, Borderlands 1&2, L4D, Minecraft (I have two hosted servers, one vanilla, one Tekkit Lite), Towns, Sims 3, FTL, various indie games, puzzle games (I used to be the BEST at Supper Puzzle Fighter back when I played a lot of Dreamcast), UT, Civ, and RTS games (it's been a while though; was way into the Red Alert franchise and Age of Empires back in the late 90s and early 00s).

TV: Don't watch much, but when I do, it's normally sci-fi or terrible reality TV. Most recently: Bones, Firefly, Toddlers in Tiaras. Mostly, I watch YouTube.

Films: If it is meaningful and well done, I'll watch it. I am not big on movies like some folks. Zombies, drama, classic lit, books, sci-fi, fantasy, romance, space, inspiration, spirituality, education, coming-of-age stories, comedies, arty movies. I like those kinds of films.

Fun fact: I have 6 guinea pigs. I built all their cages. One of them has his own Facebook page. They're all boys. I rescued 4 of them.

I'd be into LAN parties, playing on Steam, and general social meetups. Steam ID: idiotized
Chris C.
Yuripaw
Waukesha, WI
Post #: 3
Welcome Leslie. This seems like a nice group of gamers so far, we all obviously come from some different styles of gaming, but I'm actually cool with that. It was nice to meet the guys at the last meetup, and actually enjoy myself playing a game, instead of being yelled at by strangers over voice chat, haha.

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to send you a friend invite on steam, because I'm on there a lot, and I love steam. My username will be Yuripaw
Jim
user 8821359
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 8
My name is Jim, I enjoy playing any type of game. As of late I have been playing mostly games on steam, moba, stretch, rpg, racing, action, adventure, sports. I really will play anything. I think I enjoy the social aspect of gaming most. Co-op/ competitive either works for me. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the next LAN. Well my steam Id is kerrat007, xbox and psn name is raevian. Send an invite if I am on I will play pretty much anything with anyone.
Michelle
user 11077819
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 14
Hi, I'm Michelle. I haven't really been into LAN or steam or roll-playing games. I'm more of a console type of player like the PS systems, Nintendo systems. I'm also into other things like board games and card games, but I'm sure this is strictly a video game meetup group, lol. So if you could have a console system meetup, that'd be great! :)