align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Milwaukee PHP Users Group Message Board MKEPUG Discussion Forum › Totally new, and interested in some php schoolin'

Totally new, and interested in some php schoolin'

A former member
Post #: 1
Can anyone recommend a local Milwaukee-ish brain drain kind of seminar to introduce myself to PHP. Long story short: launched a new website this year, and our developer is kind of a dunce, so the company would like me to get some PHP knowledge so I can make some very minor changes, without paying said dunce a ridiculous amount of money (for things he should have created in the first place). :)
Aaron S.
aaronsaray
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 78
Hi and welcome to the group! I don't know of any seminars or training sessions like that - its been a while since I "got into it" :) However, I have a group of PHP programmers at my current job - and I'm trying to recruit in another girl from a different department into our group. She is currently doing study on her own using a book I recommended (check out my recommendations here). If that's your thing, I definitely recommend the book. There are a few mistakes in it - but the way it is presented is pretty useful.
A former member
Post #: 2
Excellent, thanks! Found what seems to be a decent 4-day gig in Milwaukee though a big training outfit I've used in the past, Hands On Technology, and ran the specs through my bro-in-law who's in the biz. He thinks it'll be a good start for what I need to do. Our site isn't that complex, just irritating at this stage. smile
Aaron S.
aaronsaray
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 79
Post a link?
Art J.
user 11886601
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 14
Beth Tucker L.
e3betht
Verona, WI
Post #: 23
We also offer PHP training online:
http://www.phparch.co...­

And if you just need some simple changes quickly, there are a lot of consultants who check these boards and could help you for a fair price.