addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Milwaukee Perl Mongers Message Board › A few intro to Perl Books

A few intro to Perl Books

Lee C.
user 11571921
Waukesha, WI
Post #: 1
Here are few free books as intro's to Perl (some like Modern Perl are useful for longer than that IMO)

Not free resources (but someone may have copy to loan):

• [url=http://shop.oreilly.com/produ­ct/0636920018452.do][Learning Perl] - i'd look for 6th edition

I will say the best way i learned Perl (take this with a grain of salt since its been a while now) was by writing and trying.
Aaron
user 2808581
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 2
I randomly came across this today, might be a good intro for someone looking to get their feet wet.

Learn Perl in about 2 hours 30 minutes
Nick F.
user 79252082
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
Steve N.
mcsnolte
Group Organizer
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 2
I forgot to put on display at the last Meetup some of the books we have for learning Perl. For beginners, it doesn't get better than the Beginning Perl book... highly recommended!