DATES: 7/1, 14/1, 28/1, 4/2, 11/2, 18/2, 25/2, 4/3 - TUESDAYS
NOTE: There is no course on the 21/1.
Mindfulness training will enable you to function better.
NOTE: This course has to be booked and a place confirmed before attending.
People who are more adept at working with their minds and mental states perform better.
Repeated studies* have shown that mindfulness programmes produce a number of benefits including:
- Enhanced ability to focus and pay attention
- Improved self-awareness and the awareness of others
- Raised levels of resilience and emotional intelligence
- Strengthened cognitive effectiveness
- Increased ability to manage stress effectively
- Longer and better quality sleep, with fewer sleep disturbances
- An increase in disease fighting antibodies, suggesting improvements to the immune system
This eight week program is based on the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
It is delivered over eight weeks in a series of one and a half to two hour sessions. Each session consists of theory and meditation practise. There is also an options full day practise on one weekend.
This is what is included and what to expect to learn from the program
- Theory and explanation of Mindfulness Meditation
- Practise of different meditation techniques for de-stress and still your mind
- Breathing space meditation techniques to get a break from rumination
- Movement meditation (walking / stretching / Pilates / yoga) to pay attention
- Sound and vision meditation techniques to take in experiences
- Awareness meditation techniques to see the thoughts as thoughts
- Practise dealing with the full catastrophe to see the thoughts and experience the emotions
- Practise mindfulness in daily activities
- Plan for Where do I go from here, what can I do to maintain what I learned
- Hand-out and course workbook
- MP3 recorded guided practise meditations
Also, there is an optional day retreat for this course during November 2013.
'Really good. Loads of tips on how to integrate into daily life - Easy to put it in to practice' -previous delegate
The program is delivered in an informal, relaxed and friendly atmosphere for beginners and experienced mindfulness meditation practitioners alike who wants to learn and deepen their mindfulness meditation practise and reduce their stress levels.
Note: To participate in this program is a commitment to attend all 8 lessons and to agree to the daily home work.
Note: This is a scheduled and pre-booked class. You can only attend if booked and confirmed as allocated a place.
Note: 50% payment due on booking and 50% payable prior to first session.