MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Message Board MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Discussion Forum › Upcoming SF Movies -- Anyone Want to Go?

Upcoming SF Movies -- Anyone Want to Go?

Hilary Moon Murphy
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3,530
It occurs to me that there are a number of SF movies coming up that people in this group might want to see.

Anyone up for doing the new Star Wars or Hitchhiker's Guide? Anyone have suggestions for other upcoming SF films?

Hmm
A former member
Post #: 3
Sorry, but now that I've read the spoiler, Star Wars Episode III: Return of the Attack of the Phantom Hope, just wouldn't be the same.
Hilary Moon Murphy
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3,547
Bruce --

Thanks for the er... spoiler.

That was one of the funniest things I have read in a long time!

Hmm
Chris
ZephyrKnight
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
Hi Hilary,

I'm interested in going. It sounds like a lot fun even after reading Bruce's spoiler reference! I've always been a fan of the Star Wars series, so am looking forward to the upcoming movie. If its possible, Southdale AMC is good theatre, as I like the stadium seating.

Chris
A former member
Post #: 73
Yes, I would be interested in both. I also like the setting at AMC Southdale.

Would Mind Hunters sort of qualify?
Jason D. Wittman
jasondwittman
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 44
Would anyone be willing to make this a weekend excursion (or perhaps do a weekend excursion in addition to the weekday escursion)? Episode III comes out on a Thursday and, as I'm sure you're all tired of hearing by now, I work on weeknights. This is something I would like to do with friends.
smile
A former member
Post #: 78
Where, when and how much are tickets? Let's get together before the show and after. Won't hide it. Episode IV and Close Encounters of the Third Kind started me on this road of compulsive/obsession. wink Would enjoy some healthy commisseration.

Lea
Jason D. Wittman
jasondwittman
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 45
"Episode IV and Close Encounters of the Third Kind started me on this road of compulsive/obsession. "

Really? For me it was the 1977 Rankin-Bass version of "The Hobbit."
biggrin
Hilary Moon Murphy
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3,827
Okay...

Does anyone want to take the lead on investigating movie show times? I would love to arrange a group outing. Or is this one of those cases where you all look at me and say, "Why don't you do it, Hilary, and let us know when to show up?"

If someone else wants to take the lead, this will happen a bit faster.

And... While you all are waiting to see Star Wars, here is an absolutely hilarious parody that someone sent me the link to:
http://www.storewars....­

If you have an old machine, the flash may not work for you, but oh... If you can watch this one, do. Yes, it's propaganda, but it is clever and witty propaganda.

"Use the Farm, Cuke!"

Hmm
Hilary Moon Murphy
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3,912
I talked with Jason Wittman and Eric Heideman last night to see if either of them wanted to be a movie czar for the group, scheduling weekend movie outings that would be followed by dinner. Jason said he would like to do this, and Eric expressed interest in scheduling occasional events (so long as he could do it at his whim instead of as a required monthly thing.)

So, Gang... Is there still interest in Star Wars? I have not seen it yet. What about other upcoming movies? And do we ever want to do a DVD or video night with an old classic like "Plan 9 from Outer Space" or "Brother from another Planet?"

Hmm