Our topic of discussion for the August meetup will be Defining the Scope and Limitations of your Magic Lore.
After a lively group discussion about ways to retain our membership and still fulfill our primary purpose, we made a few changes to our meeting format. Since the topic of discussion is of equal importance to the critiques, we will make that the first item on the agenda so it doesn't get short-changed by lack of time. We will also speed up the critiquing process by reducing the time limit to two minutes. (Thank you, Eli for being our time-keeper!) Happily, these changes proved to be quite effective at our July Meetup!
The guidelines for submissions for critique remain the same:
- There's a limit of three submissions per month on a first come basis. The deadline is August 6, 2013.
- Submissions must be listed in Files under MORE and prefaced by [ESP Crit 8-13] so we know it's for our group.
- It must be under 10,000 words and submitted in Word or RTF--not docx or PDF.
- Please add page numbers so those doing critiques on a separate sheet of paper will have a reference point for their comments.
- If submitting the continuation of a previous submission, remember to do a synopsis. This would be included in the 10,000 word count.
The guidelines for doing critiques:
- Find the submissions in Files prefaced by [ESP Crit 8-13].
- Print out a copy to make your edits and comments on. It's OK to change the format for your printout.
- OR, make your comments on a sheet of paper to give to the author.
Looking forward to our August Meetup!