November 12, 2013 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
What a great bunch of bright, talented writers we have in ESP! Our topic of discussion for November will be The Agony of Cutting and Editing Down your Scenes. We've all been there--we have this beautifully-written paragraph that doesn't quite fit anywhere. What do you do?
Guidelines for submissions for critique:
• Maximum of three items listed in Files under MORE! on the Homepage by November 5th.
• Submissions should be under 10,000 words and submitted in Word or RTF but not .docx because we can't all open .docx files.
• Please preface submissions with [ESP Crit 11-12] so we know it's for our group.
• Please add page numbers so those doing critiques on a separate sheet of paper have a reference point.
• Be sure to add a synopsis if posting a continuation of a previous submission. The word count would be included in the 10,000 limit.
Guidelines for critiques:
• Find [ESP Crit 11-12] submissions listed in Files under MORE!
• Print out a copy to make your edits and comment on. It's OK to change the format.
• OR, make your comments on a separate sheet of paper to give to the author.
• Verbal critiques are limited to three minutes.
See you in November.