As we head into 2014, our topic of discussion will be The Do's and Don'ts of World Building. Even though we may have creative license to build a world of our own design, there are basic rules that should apply. Readers will expect that there is some semblance of order involved, no matter which sub-genre we are writing in.
Once again, we will be critiquing three submissions. The guidelines are:
• Submissions must be listed in Files under MORE! on the Meetup Homepage. The deadline is January 7th. (You must be logged in on the Homepage to access Files.)
• The maximum word limit is 10,000 words including any synopsis or prolog. The piece should be entered in Word or RTF but not .docx or PDF. Also, remember to add page numbers so those who are doing the critique on a separate sheet of paper will have a reference point for their remarks.
• Please preface your submission with [ESP Crit 1-14] so we know it's for our group.
The guidelines for doing critiques:
• Locate submissions prefaced by [ESP Crit 1-14] listed in Files under MORE!
• Print out a copy of the manuscript to make your edits and comments on for the author. You may change the format to save paper.
• OR, make your comments on a separate sheet of paper referencing the page numbers and give it to the author.
See you all next year!