align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Message Board MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Discussion Forum › Introduce Yourself, and tell us what you write!

Introduce Yourself, and tell us what you write!

Jo R.
LogicMouse
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
Hi, all! My name is Jo Robson.

I am currently working on a mid- to high- fantasy novel, and hope that rubbing shoulders with other folks with similar goals will help keep me motivated.

My favorite authors at the moment are Jim Butcher and Lois McMaster Bujold, plus Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Kelly McCullough, Neil Stephenson, etc. ad nauseum. (can you tell that I tend to spend more time reading than writing?)

The novel is still in the middle of the first draft, and therefore not yet ready for serious inspection, but if you're desperate to take a look at my work, I have a pair of (horrors!) fan fic short stories posted at the Archive, a Dresden Files fan fic site, under the name LogicMouse.

I expect to attend the Meetup at Lunds on July 26, and maybe even get up the courage to read you a little of my first chapter.

-Jo
T K L.
tklarson
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 110
Welcome, Nicole and Jo! I think that you'll find this group to be friendly and helpful. And most of us don't bite...

wink

Tiffany
Hilary Moon M.
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10,112
Ooh, two new people to welcome! Awesome! Welcome to Nicole and Jo!

I used to bite, but my dentist told me to quit. Now I just gum people a little. Wait, was that too much information?

Hmm
Cjad E.
Cjad
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 187
Welcome David, Nicole and Jo! Of course we'd love to have you come down to our meetup, though we're happy to get to know you virtually as well. :)
Orindae
user 3773563
Elk River, MN
Hello.

I.m not exactly new, I signed up a bit ago but never really did anything till now.
I am currently working on a 3 part novel, and or script. It's about the beginning of humans on this earth, our secret origin. It has aliens, dark entity's and Even a great flood! it's a big story for someone who originally was a comic strip artist.

I just recently became more serious about being an author, as apposed to cartooning,
Basically I'm still learning how to write in the novelish way. which I find difficult.
I'm a strange author for I really do not read novels. ( I have read only about 10 to date) I find myself reading more non fiction books, about the forgotten history of man, or story's of Sasquatch, aliens and such. Which does give me a great amount of things to write about, and if anyone is in need of information in those areas, feel free to ask.

I am looking forward to meeting all you folks, yet I am a bit shy about doing so.
but I will eventually get myself to a meeting. I'm really not that shy It just feels a bit weird walking into a group of people I don't know.
Orindae
user 3773563
Elk River, MN
Post #: 3
Never Mind!
Hilary Moon M.
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10,124
Hello Orindae --

I am sorry that I had not welcomed you yet. I had a few days away from the computer, and it is showing.

I wanted to welcome you to the group, and to encourage you to come out to a Meetup sometime. If you are nervous about meeting with a bunch of people you don't know, that is understandable. But we are a polite, friendly group. You can also get to know some of us in advance by doing what you have been doing... posting to this board.

If you have any questions about the group or how it operates, let me know.

Hugs,
Hmm
Orindae
user 3773563
Elk River, MN
Post #: 4
That's not why I said never mind. I'm not sure I remember why I said that, It must have been a weird day. I've been so busy writing and drawing comics I can't remember.
Still working on my story of coarse, Perhaps I will post a bit of it sometime, for it is still in ruff draft and of coarse I still do not know how to write like an author.
not sure I have it in me. As I said I don't read novels for the most part. I'm extremely picky with novels If it doesn't grab me in the first 20 words I put it down.
So is moon really your middle name or is it a screen name? for that is a good name for an author!smile
Madhuri
user 10127626
Minneapolis, MN
Im a fantasy writer wannabe in the twilight zone of wannabe-something-else-too-maybe-um
I blog at http://mentalmist.wor...­

I dont have a link to my actual attempt at fantasy which ended up a mixture of Douglas Adams and Rowling, I will be happy to share a story with anyone who wants to read

Hi everyone!
Jaye L.
JayeLawrence
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 853
Welcome to our newest members! I look forward to meeting you in person at one of our upcoming events.

The monthly meetup at Lunds is a great way to jump in and get involved--it's social but low-key, and you can stay afterwards to observe the writers' workshop if you're curious about how our critique groups work.