addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Message Board MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Discussion Forum › Introduce Yourself, and tell us what you write!

Introduce Yourself, and tell us what you write!

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi.

My name is Joshua Busch and I write middle school fantasy and sci-fi books. I have three ebooks published at www.IReadIWrite.com/JoshuaBusch

Before that I tried getting published by mailing out at least two hundred letters to agents and publishers with no luck at all.

I thought with the book I'm writing now that I would work with other writers to make the book be the best it can be and to help my partnters make their book be the best that it can be. But it gets more complicated, because I'm not running across a lot of people who even know what a junior high book should sound like. And to be honest it's taken me some time to understand the formula that the good and published authors follow when writing for children this age.

My blog is Http://JoshuaBusch.BlogSpot.com if you'd like to know more about me.
T K L.
tklarson
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 122
Hello, Joshua, and welcome to the group!

I think that you'll find several other writers on the board who also write short stories and novels for Young Adult (YA) audiences. And who knows what the rest of us might do next?

:)

Tiffany
Abra
Abra
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 73
Ah, it's delightful seeing this list grow.
Terry F.
TFaust
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 323
Ooh, two new people to welcome! Awesome! Welcome to Nicole and Jo!

I used to bite, but my dentist told me to quit. Now I just gum people a little. Wait, was that too much information?

Hmm

If you think being gummed is bad, volunteer to be an assistant organizer as you join MNSpec and see whom of the existing AOs you will have to give a sponge bath. I'm know I have broken my sacred vow of silence, Hilary, but there are some things new members should know.
Jaye L.
JayeLawrence
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 871
I notice that no new members have introduced themselves since Terry's post. Coincidence or stark terror??
MikeH
user 10775115
Minneapolis, MN
For me it is a bit of terror, as to why I did not introduce myself until now.

So here goes, my name is Mike, I joined this group because I write "Urban Fantasy" and you all were suggested by my good friend Dana B.

My day job is writing code for a major software company and I find writing a decent outlet for my more creative side. I also work out at the MN Ren Fest.

That is about it for me.
T K L.
tklarson
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 128
Welcome to the group, Mike. I think you'll find that, despite hints to the contrary, we're an un-scary bunch. Most of us, anyway...
A former member
My name's Aaron Drown, and I write fantasy stories. My first novel, A Mage of None Magic, was just released by Tyrannosaurus Press this past September. I've also had published a handful of short fiction pieces in magazines and anthologies here and there.

I love Minneapolis, visit every chance I get, and am happy to be welcomed into the group given my admittedly tenuous though heartfelt connections to the city.
Jaye L.
JayeLawrence
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 876
Welcome, Aaron! I hope we'll get to meet you at a MinnSpec event when you get to town.
Terry F.
TFaust
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 331
Welcome aboard.