MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Message Board MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Discussion Forum › Introduce Yourself, and tell us what you write!

Introduce Yourself, and tell us what you write!

Terry F.
TFaust
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 508
We rarely physically poke members. Jaye used to bring a furry stuffed critique-comfort-creature to Sunday critiques for those needing something to hold during their critique. I guess the idea was to go easy on the holder. I tried to introduce the pipe-wrench-of-brutal-truth, something for those who wanted the painful unvarnished truth to hold, but it soon struck me as a bad idea. Enough said.
Andre G.
aguirard
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 322
The comfort creature might've been more popular if it weren't a taxidermied squirrel. Maybe I'll bring a new one. A fresher one, anyway.
Alex K.
Alex44k
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 23
Hi everyone,

I went to a few critque session a while back (a year ago?) and stuff happened (life took over), now I'd like to get involved again.

I write fantasy, urban fantasy, and murder mysteries. Currently almost finished with a shorter Fantasy (Faerie), so I'm looking for readers and editors!

Anyway I hope to get to a meetup soon.
A former member
Post #: 2
Greetings.

I've just finished an epic fantasy trilogy and I am in the process of submitting it to literary agencies (no luck so far).
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 284
Welcome aboard, Stacy.
Abra
Abra
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 183
Welcome, Stacy!

I'm also in the agent-submittal process, so I've got a lot of sympathy for anyone going through that process!
Terry F.
TFaust
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 531
Welcome Stacy,

Best of luck! Do you have any sample chapters posted?

A former member
Post #: 3
Welcome Stacy,

Best of luck! Do you have any sample chapters posted?

No, I do not. I'm having some trouble with that. It took me twenty years to write this, in total isolation, and I haven't quite adjusted to the idea of sharing it yet. Foolish, I know, but I've had enough coworkers and others scoff at fantasy to be hesitant.
Dan G.
dsgood
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 425

"I've had enough coworkers and others scoff at fantasy to be hesitant."

It's a lot easier to ignore people online than if you work with them.... For one thing, it's harder to delete a coworker.
Terry F.
TFaust
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 532
An alternative is to post your work in MNSpecs "Files" section (drop down menu in the "More" tool bar up top). You can designate members-only viewing and invite comments.