addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Message Board MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Discussion Forum › Introduce Yourself, and tell us what you write!

Introduce Yourself, and tell us what you write!

Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 424
Welcome aboard, Kiera!
Kirsten B L.
kblincoln
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Hi All:

My name is Kirsten and I just moved to Rochester, MN from Portland-area (Oregon) last summer. I've been writing for several years, now, and have a few short stories published out there under the name K. Bird Lincoln. Webpage gives the bare bones.

For the past two years I've switched to writing novels (apparently my writing brain doesn't handle both shorts and novels at the same time) and so have started to miss the socialness and networking of short story interaction. I'm hoping to be able to come up to Minneapolis once in a while to connect.

Cheers.
Eli E.
Awfly_Wee_Eli
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 124
Welcome, Kirsten! This is a great group for connecting with the other crazies.
Hilary Moon M.
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10,557
Welcome, Kirsten!

So awesome to see you here.

Hmm
Terry F.
TFaust
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 832
Hi Kirsten. Do you know my friend Bill Bradford? He lives in Portland.
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 428
Hi Kirsten! (Yes, Bill Bradford, the former(?) mime/theatre guy!)
Kirsten B L.
kblincoln
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
Alas, I did not know Bill Bradford. he sounds, cool though.
A former member
Hi! I'm Max Schmetterer. I graduated from the U of M in 2010 with a degree in English. Now I work with kids at a housing development in Saint Paul. I'm thinking of going into teaching, although my primary passion in life is writing.

I consider myself primarily a scifi/fantasy writer, thought I also create a lot of strange "post-modern"ish stories that play a lot with form and narrative. My senior project was a dystopian satire set in the Twin Cities that featured a poisoned Jucy Lucy.

Currently I'm working on a YA fantasy novel that I've envisioned way back when I was in 7th grade. I'm framing the story within the mind of a fictionalized version of 12 year old me; this way it explores why and how a kid could come up with a whole fantasy world. And there's lot of dragons!

I've also written a tv pilot about a marching band and their wacky hijinks... based loosely on my experience in the UMMB.
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 436
Welcome aboard, Max!
chking
chking
Saint Paul, MN
Hi. My name is Christian King I live in Roseville Minnesota and graduated from the U of MN with a degree in psychology. I've toyed with writing on and off through grade school and college but now I've decided to to make a go of it. I feel like I do a decent job of creating characters but I struggle at creating a plot line for the characters. I'm hoping that between this group and taking some classes that I can improve my writing. I look forward to meeting everyone at the next Meetup.