MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Message Board MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Discussion Forum › Introduce Yourself, and tell us what you write!

Introduce Yourself, and tell us what you write!

Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 450
Welcome aboard, Christian!
Terry F.
TFaust
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 857
Hello to Max and Christian. And yes, Roy, Bill Bradford the theater guy who started Child's Play (Now Stages in Hopkins). He lives out in Portland, OR now. I worked with him on some plays way back when.
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 451
Terry, cool! Bill would do summer stock at (then) Brainerd Community college in the '80s and that's where I got to work with him (my stage managing/tech days).
Sarah R.
user 47085992
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
I'm Sarah, sometimes published as S.A. Rudek. I write mostly sci-fi and horror, with the occasional stroll into non-genre whateverness.

My current projects are a radio play, a parody novel and a live dark fiction anthology called The Unsettled Foundation. We're always looking for writers there, so please don't hesitate to drop by our website: http://theunsettledfo...­

I'm look forward to dropping by a meetup soon!
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 477
Welcome aboard, Sarah!
Cjad E.
Cjad
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 266
Welcome to the group, Sarah. Come on in and make yourself at home.
Sarah R.
user 47085992
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
Thank you, Roy and Cjad. Happy to be here. : )
Jim W.
Warner8
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Hi. I’m completely new to the group, so I thought I’d better introduce myself. I’m Jim and I live up in the Forest Lake area.

I wrote my first short story in 1984 or ’85... It was a fantasy story. I followed that up with a science fiction story. Thankfully, neither has survived to present day. Because I focus on novels, I don’t have a lot of short work, and currently nothing’s been published, although I’ve done some guest blogging for the QueryTracker website. I have finished eight novels, most in the past four years. I’m currently putting the finishing touches on a ninth, a mystery about a rugby-playing map librarian (which I promise not to inflict on anyone here). My writing can best be described as speculative fiction crossed with the mystery genre. I’ve written historical horror, a hard-boiled mystery set aboard a generation ship, and five urban fantasies.

I look forward to meeting you guys in person. I'm terrible with message boards. smile
Eli E.
Awfly_Wee_Eli
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 168
Hello and welcome, Jim. We're glad you're here, and we look forward to your "inflicting" us with some of your writing. That's a big part of why we're here, after all.

Eli
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 495
Welcome aboard, Jim!