Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1,021
Congratulations, Roy.
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 557
Thanks, Terry!

My horror-lite short story "Package #900420" has been accepted for Scarlett River Press's Haunted Lens anthology. Co-written with Craig Myran of Bemidji, this will become Craig's first paying publication credit, also.

Response time: 34 days (would have been sooner if not for a glitch).
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 566
"The New Eye of Balor," a hard-boiled horror story by Cynthia Booth and Roy C. Booth, has been accepted for Scarlett River Press's Haunted Lens anthology.
Dan G.
dsgood
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 566
My horror-lite short story "Package #900420" has been accepted for Scarlett River Press's Haunted Lens anthology. Co-written with Craig Myran of Bemidji, this will become Craig's first paying publication credit, also.

Response time: 34 days (would have been sooner if not for a glitch).

Congratulations.
Dan G.
dsgood
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 567
"The New Eye of Balor," a hard-boiled horror story by Cynthia Booth and Roy C. Booth, has been accepted for Scarlett River Press's Haunted Lens anthology.

Congratulations.
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 570
Thanks.

The YA "literary fiction" novella DANDELION, by Geoffrey Greer and Roy C. Booth, has been offered a contract for publication from Knuckledown Press of Fargo, and will be edited by Ryan Christensen who is also an editor for New Rivers Press for the University of Moorhead. The story deals with two young women coming of age in the late 1980's in a small western city that has been slowly surrendering its identity to suburban sprawl and their attempt to rescue one of its unwanted, "invisible" citizens living on the periphery. (There's even a subtle fantasy element underlying all throughout . . . shhhhhhh . . .)

This will be Geoffrey's first traditionally published book.

Time until acceptance: Four days. (Pitched face to face at a publisher's conference in Duluth the weekend before.)

Update/Edit: The short story version was a winner of the Elizabeth Mills Crothers Prize, University of California, Berkeley, 2006.
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 576
My stage play Sherlock Holmes and the Drood Mystery will be translated and published in Polish through Mediakon, which will include eBook and brick and mortar distribution. The Unmasking of Sherlock Holmes (Heuer Publications) will follow. Stay tuned.
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 582
"Just Another Ex," a horror/urban ghost story (that takes place in the Twin Cities, no less!) from Axel Kohagen and myself, has been selected by James Ward Publishing to be included in their upcoming FRESH FEAR anthology.

Well over 200 submissions on this one.
Terry F.
TFaust
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1,047
Got an honorable mention on my Indie Book of the Day entry. It's a good exercise in writing teeny tiny stories. It'll take more time to go to the link than to just read the bloody thing, so here it is.

Mountaineering for Singles by Author Terry Faust

Sarah was sure she’d found her ideal match–Donald. Being shy, she’d watched aggressive women steal men away from her before. Donald was shy himself. However, Liz had brazenly feigned ignorance of carabiners and forced Donald to help. The bitch!
“Sarah’s on belay,” shouted the instructor. “Liz, let’s see you rappel to the bottom.”
Sarah’s tiny Swiss Army knife nestled perfectly in her palm.

Pretty romantic, huh?

Margaret T.
user 12895497
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 122
Congratulations, Terry!