Michael M.
mmerriam
Hopkins, MN
Post #: 1,235
I have been contacted by the organizers of the St. Peter Book Festival. (http://stpeterreads.w...­. Are we as a group interested? It is small and new (2nd year) and the table for Publishers/Organization is $50 ( I checked with the organizer). If the group does not want to have a presence (too high cost, too long a drive, and low likelihood on cost return), I might try to go at the author rate ($25) and scope it out for next year. Even if I go just myself, I'll take MinnSpec bookmarks and business cards. Thoughts?
Terry F.
TFaust
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 995
I'll pass. I wonder if it's time MNSpec flexed a bit o' muscle and offered to talk up book festivals, conferences, classes, and other "writer support" services in our forum in return for a member discount? Heck, we had a Hollywood studio giving us free premier tickets not long ago in the hopes we'd spread the word about movies. Four hundred members is pretty impressive.