Hilary Moon M.
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10,611
I didn't see any MinnSpec panels in the current list of programming ideas, and the deadline is February 28th for submission of new panel ideas.

What do we want to see? I think that we have to have:

1) Meet MinnSpec
2) MinnSpec group reading

I'd also like to see a Liar's Panel or a Networking in SF panel. Anyone interested in doing any of these with me?

Hmm
Hilary Moon M.
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10,612
On the other hand, maybe this year is not the year to do anything beyond "Meet MinnSpec." I'm not up for organizing a reading, and neither is Michael. With no responses here, I think I'm going to let these ideas go.
Ricky E F.
Ricky_Foos
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 501
Hilary, I put in a request for a Minnspec rapid-fire reading. It should be there.
Ricky E F.
Ricky_Foos
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 502
Hi, I just got a confirmation that we will get a time-slot for a rapid fire reading for MinnSpec members. I haven't gotten a time and date from them yet, but I asked for an afternoon slot. I'll be reading an excerpt from a young adult fantasy novel I have under development. I can read either 10 or 15 minutes depending on how many other people want to read. Let me know below if you plan on reading.
Sherry L.M. M.
careswen
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 33
If you would like a ghost reader for one of the anthologies, I have done that in the past, and I enjoy doing that. Basically, I read one of our anthology stories by one of the authors who cannot be present. I like doing it to support and show off the anthology project as one of MinnSpec's achievements.

If you have enough authors present to fill the time, I will gladly defer to them.
Ricky E F.
Ricky_Foos
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 503
Kelly at Minicon wants a list so she can avoid double scheduling of anyone who is also doing a panel.
Sam H.
user 11824033
Saint Paul Park, MN
Post #: 67
Given that I've been unemployed until the beginning of this year, I haven't had the funds to sign up for Minicon, otherwise, I'd love to be part of a reading. If there's someone willing to ghost-read, I'll gladly volunteer my story in Sky-Tinted Waters.
Michael M.
mmerriam
Hopkins, MN
Post #: 1,244
I'll help with the reading.
Ricky E F.
Ricky_Foos
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 504
I replied to Kelly re: those who have volunteered to read so she'll try to avoid double billing for you. I also asked for an afternoon slot. If only three of us show up to read I'm prepared to read for 20 minutes or more.
Ricky E F.
Ricky_Foos
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 505
I just received our programming slot for the minicon rapid-fire reading. We're scheduled for Veranda 1/2 from 2 to 3 PM. Not the best of times, but at least we probably won't be paired against something that will draw everyone away from us.