MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Message Board MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Discussion Forum › MNSpec Meetups Streaming Live and on YouTube!

MNSpec Meetups Streaming Live and on YouTube!

Conrad Z.
conradzero
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 241
The podcast of our meetups has been replaced by the Google Plus feature called Hangouts On Air. This gives us several advantages over the old system

Live Stream - MNSpec Google Plus page
The Hangouts feature is simply a multi-person videoconference. Yes, you need a Google account for this, but if you use gmail or youtube, you already have one. Visit the MNSpec Google Plus page and you'll have the option to connect to live broadcasts. Someday I might even get brave enough to turn on the audio so remote viewers can participate in the meetup discussion.

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/conradzero/videos­
The beauty of Hangouts On Air is that it records the live stream and auto-uploads the recording into the world-consuming abyss of youtube.com. So if you happen to miss the meeting, or if you loved it so much that you want to see it again, it's all there. Till I figure out how to make this a separate channel, (MNSPEC TV!) you'll find all the MNSpec vids under my account: http://www.youtube.com/user/conradzero/videos­

Stats, Comments and Sharing
Yes, all that time-killing, social media nonsense is there. Share to your social media du jour, comment away, embed the video in your own website...

Simplicity of Production
I would rather have flying cars, but I have to admit this level of video broadcast automation is pretty slick. Instead of hours of audio-post-production that Abra and I used to do to make the podcast happen, I just fill out the video description and I'm done. More time for writing!

RSS Feed
For those fetching the rss feed: subscribe via rss here.

Other Content
I've already recorded and uploaded some of the author readings from the Speculations series at Dreamhaven. If any MNspec users have other video content they want loaded up just let me know.

I'd love to hear your feedback on the new format. Constructive and Destructive criticism is welcome and appreciated.

And if anyone knows how to use Illustrator or After Effects and wants to create a lovely slate/intro/outro for the videos, that would make us look pro. (Todd W? Tracy L??)

-Z
Joel A.
user 2675455
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 222
That is great, Conrad! Thanks for doing that.