addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Message Board MinnSpec -- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Discussion Forum › October 27th Critique Workshop Canceled

October 27th Critique Workshop Canceled

Tim R.
user 12966329
Zimmerman, MN
Post #: 142
Submit text for the critique workshop no later than SEVEN days before the above date. This is for the MSP group meeting at the Uptown Lunds at 450 West Lake Street Minneapolis. PLEASE NOTE: We will be meeting at our usual time of 2:00 p.m. We take the first 5 submissions of 10,000 words or less.

Submitters' List

HOW TO SUBMIT:

-Put your story in standard manuscript format.
-At the end of your submission write THE END if the story is complete or TO BE CONTINUED if there's more.
-Label it [MSP CRIT(month - day)] with title and name. An April 4th submission of The Horror by Terry Faust reads [MSP CRIT 04-04] The Horror - Terry Faust.
-Save as MS Word .doc (NOT .docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf)
-The Files section is also where you download other members' submissions. Everyone critiques.
-RSVP in the Calendar.
-Copy the latest Submitters' List. Click "Add Reply" and paste. Add your story and name and click "Submit" to post below in this thread.
-If you have submitted work and have to miss a workshop, email all other members who have RSVPed.
Tim R.
user 12966329
Zimmerman, MN
Post #: 143
Because of lack of participation and the fact that no pieces were submitted for consideration for the critique group, I am cancelling the meetup.

I will be officially canceling this meetup tomorrow morning.
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 622
Bummage.
Margaret T.
user 12895497
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 158
Yeah, bummer, but that sounds like a good call.
Michael M.
mmerriam
Hopkins, MN
Post #: 1,284
Tim - I have the Lund's community room reserved at the regular time for December. There was nothing open in November. I am setting up a placeholder event for noon to 2pm for that day. I'll let you set up the crit group.
Tim R.
user 12966329
Zimmerman, MN
Post #: 144
Won't we need noon to 4 to accomodate the general Minnspec gathering and the critique session?
Michael M.
mmerriam
Hopkins, MN
Post #: 1,285
Won't we need noon to 4 to accomodate the general Minnspec gathering and the critique session?
I have the room until 4pm I just set up the meeting from noon to 2 and thought you would set up the workshop from 2 to 4. I can set p the workshop event, if you'd like.
Tim R.
user 12966329
Zimmerman, MN
Post #: 145
I can take care of scheduling the critique workshop. I just wanted to be sure we had the whole block reserved. Thanks.