Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › South-Southwest Suburbs

South-Southwest Suburbs

A former member
Post #: 1
Anybody in the Minnetonka/Hopkins/Wayzata/Eden Prairie/etc. area interested in starting something up? I open to all sorts of things -- I have about a year's experience playing a Dr. Who rpg and an amazing Starwars rpg, but I'm dying for a game, so I'd love to hear any ideas. I'm not experienced enough to GM, so we'd need one of those. :)

Anyone interested?
Aaron A.
user 13837787
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
I live in Minnetonka, near Hopkins, and have been thinking about starting something up. I have been working on a few one shot horror scenarios, along with a longer horror campaign. The other thing I have been working on is a game set in the future where dinosaurs have returned and society is rebuilding. The PCs work as hunters, taming the Wilderness between the remaining towns.

Those are what I have been working on recently, but I have also run a Half Life 2 based game, a tornado chasers game, a humor game based on the Fast Food Mafia, a modern day treasure hunt, a game set in the days right before WWII, and a supervillians game where they all were working to take over the world, together.

I am open to a wide variety of games, as long as the story and characters have an interesting twist to them. I would love to run something, as long as there are people interested. If these ideas sound interesting, let me know.
Steve W.
wilcoxon
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 40
My schedule is somewhat limited currently but I'd be interested if it will fit into my schedule (but it's restricted enough that I don't want to try forcing others to conform to what works for me).

I've been gaming for 30+ years and have played a wide variety of games. I can GM but prefer to play. Currently, I'm playing D&D 4e, Marvel Superheroes (1-shot), and Metal, Magic, & Lore. Within the last few years, I've played Slipstream (Savage Worlds), Star Wars (d6), Shadowrun (both 2 and 4), Reality Not Included (a friend's homebrew system that borrows heavily from multiple published games), and a few others.

To the other responder, what systems did you use for all those different games?
Aaron A.
user 13837787
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
The systems I used are:

Horror games - Simplistica (homebrew 2d6 system)
Dinosaur hunting - The Wilderness (another homebrew system)
Half Life 2 - Simplistica
Tornado Chasers - d20 modern
Fast Food Mafia - Wushu
Modern Treasure Hunt - modified D&D 3.5
WWII game - Call of Cthulhu
Supervillains - CthulhuTech
William
user 7972229
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 22
We have a Pathfinder game going on in Coon Rapids. Other then that most of the groups are mpls or south of that.
Jeff
user 5636054
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 47
We have a couple of groups in the Plymouth area. One is an every other Thursday Harnmaster game. The other is a group that meets the 1st saturday of every month. That game is Twilight 2000 and just starting up again.

Jeff
Steve W.
wilcoxon
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 41
Jeff, which versions of Harnmaster and Twilight: 2000 are being used?
Jeff
user 5636054
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 48
The harn campaign is a blend of several versions, but it probably follows 3 the most. I try not to get too caught up in the actual version as much as just keep it consistent for the players. The same goes for the Twilight game. I think it's version 2 where they got off of percentage dice and went with d10. It has a lot more flexibility and character creation is more dynamic while also being easier to digest. That point spending method they had in the original was cumbersome.

Let me know if you have any interest.

Jeff
Alex
user 20178291
Eden Prairie, MN
Post #: 8
I.am in Eden prairie and I am starting a Shadowrunn campaign not sure what's what right now only have heard interest no actual players yet