addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › Uptown DM looking for players.

Uptown DM looking for players.

John
user 13770659
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
Hello nerds! Help me avoid this cursed summer sunlight by playing games! Willing to DM any system, but I have the most experience with DnD. I plan on meeting either Saturday or Sunday. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Dareick L N.
user 16307911
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
I'm not too experianced but im open to play some more! :D

I know the basics, i can play a simple ruleset, but anything too advanced id need a bit of help if thats okay. :) That is, if a group is created obviously. lol
A former member
Post #: 10
Oh...me me me me me me me me me me......i know, i know, i know, pick me pick me pick me.

Ahhh...Im down for a Sunday game.
Paul
Vballtonka
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 7
I'm open for Dnd on Sundays. I currently play Jim's game but have been gaming for over 20 years.
John
user 13770659
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 6
I'm grateful for such a quick response! Sundays work great for me, we could meet at Universe or Tower games, whichever you guys prefer. I'd love a group of 4-6 if we could find a couple more.
Ben N.
BennettN
Saint Paul, MN
I'd be game - to be upfront though, I haven't played a tabletop RPG in YEARS - like, back to my high school days (am 33 now :P). Been wargaming in the interim (Warhammer, napoleonics, etc.) and doing the MMO thing. If you guys need +1 and don't mind a "newb" please count me in.
John
user 13770659
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 7
I certainly don't mind any skill level, though if we had complete newbies I would learn more towards 4.0 as I think the mechanics are more intuitive. That being said, with this group it seems to lean more towards what books we have. I think the best thing would be to just meet up either this sunday or the next and roll up characters/ make sure no one is arch-nemesis in real life etc.

As far as the session itself I HATE when DMs give you rulebooks or half written novels about their campaigns so for now let me just say no dwarfs or gnomes for story reasons and no evil characters for cohesiveness.*

*pretty much every rule I state can be circumvented if you give me a compelling reason/story. If you have a fantastical dwarf you want to play, let me know and I'll rewrite story around it if its good enough.
Charles S.
user 16560871
Minneapolis, MN
Hoi. Uptown-area player/GM (primarily GURPS and D&D 3e), and the last game I was in went belly-up about a year ago so looking for a game. I live very close to Universe games, if it matters.
Paul
Vballtonka
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 8
I don't play DnD 4e. I prefer 3.5.
Ben N.
BennettN
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 2
Right-on - I actually picked up 4e and read through it all last week :p I don't mind finding a 3.5e copy, though, and understand the animosity towards 4e . Let me know if you guys are good with a total scrub, and if we meet up, I'm in!

Ben