addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › Uptown DM looking for players.

Uptown DM looking for players.

Sebastian W.
user 12554879
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
I've been looking for a game, and the location here is right (I live near 1st and Franklin). I've played a lot of various RPGs, including AD&D and 4e, but no 3e, so I'd need some help with mechanics /character creation. But I pick things up fast, and have started browsing the 3.5 players handbook.
John
user 13770659
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 13
I have been absolutely hemorrhaging players, so we still have slots open. If you're interested let me know!
A former member
Post #: 1
I really am interested in playing a half-ogre warblade. Would you allow this +2 level adjusted race from races of destiny and character classes from the tome of battle (book of nine swords)?
John
user 13770659
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 14
I really am interested in playing a half-ogre warblade. Would you allow this +2 level adjusted race from races of destiny and character classes from the tome of battle (book of nine swords)?

Normally I would consider it, but one of the current players is pretty new to the game and playing a half-orc barbarian, and I don't think it would be very fun for him to be eclipsed in every respect.
A former member
Post #: 9
you've been hemorrhaging players? not good i would like to play but i want to be either a beguiler a shadow caster or a chaotic neutral warlock let me know OK? i miss playing 3.5 so...
P.S.
shadow casting is from the tome of magic
A former member
Post #: 2
Normally I would consider it, but one of the current players is pretty new to the game and playing a half-orc barbarian, and I don't think it would be very fun for him to be eclipsed in every respect.

I have another idea. Would you consider a character that is a full blooded ogre (from Savage Species). He wouldn't even quality for class levels until effective character level of 7th. I think it would be fun to play an ogre type with an orc type. Being so far behind, I doubt an ogre could outshine any party member's class abilities.
John
user 13770659
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 15
Erik - Sure on the beguiler, definitely yes on the shadow caster (never seen it in play), but I'm not so crazy about warlocks.

David - The players are level 4, so that's not possible at the moment. If you have some great RP I'd consider the half-ogre, but my experience in the past has been.... difficult with monstrous races. If you can give me andre the giant from princess bride? ya. If its just Ogre #4341 its hard for me, when the players might well have killed #3122 last week.
A former member
Post #: 3

David - The players are level 4, so that's not possible at the moment. If you have some great RP I'd consider the half-ogre, but my experience in the past has been.... difficult with monstrous races. If you can give me andre the giant from princess bride? ya. If its just Ogre #4341 its hard for me, when the players might well have killed #3122 last week.

Ok, so the 1/2 ogre might work. Playing him like Fezzik from the Princess Bride would be enjoyable.
(I promise to limit the rhymes). I'm looking at dwarven sounding names from Races of Stone. Maybe he is fluent in the dwarven language. I'm interested in the campaign backstory of why dwarves and gnomes aren't player races-- sounds fascinating.
Is character classes of barbarian 1, warblade 1 ok? If that doesn't work, how about fighter 1, warblade 1?
Do you allow flaws and other unearthed arcana material?
At level 4, what is the character's starting gold?
If you role ability scores at the game, is it 5d6 per score and arrange as you see fit?
John
user 13770659
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 16
The backstory as far is that the underdark is a relatively new discovery, so dwarves were an unknown race until 20 some years ago. Because of this, you are unlikely to have anything other than a travelers knowledge of dwarven, few surface dwellers spend the night in dwarven cities.

As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I dislike heros who have infinite daily abilities ( I think it removes the drama from the scene if you are never on your last legs.) Combined with the other martial character, I'm going to have to ban ToB. I'm sorry to cockblock ya before we meet, but I'm trying to make sure everyone has fun.

4d6 drop the lowest, or 32 pt buy. No flaws, 3,000 gold spent as you see fit.

If you speak only in rhymes, I will give you so much rp xp.....
A former member
Post #: 4

I'm going to have to ban ToB. 32 pt buy. No flaws.
3,000 gold spent as you see fit.
If you speak only in rhymes, I will give you so much rp xp.....

Ok, I'll give him a dwarven sounding name, but not fluent in the language. I understand why you are banning ToB and warlocks. No flaws, no problem.

How about this:
Barbarian level 1.
Bear Totem Barbarian (unearthed arcana p. 48) 1st level toughness instead of fast movement
Whirling Frenzy instead of standard rage (unearthed arcana p. 66)+4 STR, +2 AC & Reflex, 2 attacks @ -2
Fighter level 1. Brutal Throw Heavy Armor Tower Shield
ECL 1st feat: Extra Frenzy (total of 3 per day)
ECL 3rd feat: Brutal Throw