Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › South Suburbs non-D&D group?

South Suburbs non-D&D group?

A former member
Post #: 5
Hey all,

I've just moved to Apple Valley and am looking for a new group. Are there any groups in the South Suburbs that play games other than D&D looking? I'm interested in games like Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Star Wars d6, Reign, Unknown Armies, Spirit of the Century, Barbarians of Lemuria and the like. I'm much more interested in story and setting and roleplaying than mechanics and min-maxing. If that sounds like a good match to anyone, please let me know. Thanks!

Rich;)
Keith S.
KeithStrickland
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
Hey Rich,

With the exception of Star Wars d6, you listed just about every RPG I have on my 'would like to run' shelf. In fact I was just looking at the Barbarians of Lemuria rules last night.

I live in south Minneapolis, but am willing to drive to a location that is a good fit for the gaming group. I don't have an active group right now so we would have to round up a couple of other players. Please let me know if you (or anyone else reading this post) are interested.

Keith
Steve W.
wilcoxon
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 48
Depending on when/where the group ends up playing, I might be interested. I like CoC and Savage Worlds. Star Wars d6 is alright. I haven't played the other systems mentioned.
Keith S.
KeithStrickland
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 7
Hi Steve!

For my part, location is pretty flexible. My house is out because I have a three year old so I was planning on driving to wherever the group wants to meet anyway. Just have to see if we can get more folks interested and take it from there.

A former member
Post #: 6
I can travel most anywhere within 25 miles or so. I'd prefer to remain closer to home if possible. My place is out as I have an 18 month old son who is a little tornado. ;-) Are there any game stores in the south suburbs with a decent gaming space? I went to Source last weekend, and have to say that I'd prefer not to play there. It's a great store, but the drive is a beating with all the construction.

Rich;)
Keith S.
KeithStrickland
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 8
Hey Rich,

A lot of folks in this group use Tower Games in south minneapolis (48th and Nicollet). I'm not sure if there is anything closer to you unless another person in our group were to host our game at their house...

Keith
A former member
Post #: 7
Yeah, that seems closer. Hopefully traffic isn't too bad going that way. I used to host my old gaming group in Seattle, but once my son became mobile, that got a lot harder and more distracting.
A former member
Post #: 8
What sort of time works best for you two? In general, Fri, Sat and Sun work best for me. I could likely swing a weeknight as long as it didn't run too late (10pm or so).
Keith S.
KeithStrickland
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 9
Just checked with the wife and she would prefer I game in the evening. So any night but Wednesday would work best for me.

The Tower Games website says their open gaming days are Saturday and Sunday. The are only open until 8pm on Saturdays and 5pm on Sundays. Perhaps they will let people game after the store closes - I'll give them a call and find out later today.
Steve W.
wilcoxon
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 49
It sounds like Keith and I have conflicting schedules. Wednesday is the best night for me. I can not do Friday or Sunday. I could only do Saturday once or twice a month. Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday might work but I'd have to try rearranging my schedule (involving other people so I may or may not be able to).