Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › New guy here: looking for Sci-fi gamers.

New guy here: looking for Sci-fi gamers.

A former member
Post #: 88
I havne't heard anything from Curtis. Is the 4th ed the same as the 20th anniversary ed?
Mark
lock
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 4
I always thought so, but my recent research says that 20th anniversary is later than 4th Ed. It looks like 20th is 4th Ed plus errata, a hard cover, and much better graphics.
A former member
Post #: 89
Well the 20th anniversary is the one I have.
A former member
Post #: 90
Well I don't have a car however I can bus to The Source easily enough, I used to play Pathfinder Society there on Sundays.
Mark
lock
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 5
And since I don't have anything later than 2nd Ed, 20th Anniversary is fine by me.

Want to shoot for 11am? The Caribou is four buildings north from the Source.
A former member
Post #: 91
Yeah I'll get back to you. As far as I know it should work
Matt
user 4949222
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 13
I will be there Saturday at 11:00
Adam
Z1pp0
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 45
I should be able to make it. Looking forward to getting something started that isn't Starwars for once. :)
Steve W.
wilcoxon
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 64
20th Anniversary is basically 4th ed plus errata, more color art, and increased disorganization (at least for me the 4th ed book is easier to find things than the 20th and the index page numbers in SR4a refer to the SR4 pages *sigh*).

There are some significant mechanical changes. Dice pools are (sort of) capped at 20 in SR4a but they've already pretty much thrown that out the window (Street Legends has characters with 50+ dice pools and War! has 70+ dice pools for some things). Bows now have a strength cap (no more bows being significantly deadlier than sniper rifles and assault cannons if the character was built for it). I know there were some other changes but I can't remember them right now.
A former member
Post #: 92
So far we have Adam, Mark, Matt, and I going. Steve are you interested or just speaking about the dice? How many people do we want total? Who's going to GM?