addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › New guy here: looking for Sci-fi gamers.

New guy here: looking for Sci-fi gamers.

Clint B.
user 61614852
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
Hi Guys and thank Nathan for leading me to this thread. Let me know how many more players you need for the campaign. My friend Andre and I are interested in joining. If you'd like, I can make the meeting on Saturday as well. I haven't played this rpg before but am interested in learning.

Thanks!
Clint
A former member
Post #: 93
I've never played either. I went through an RPG rule book buying spree and have always wanted to try this game.
Mark
lock
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 6
With Adam, Nathan, Matt, Clint, Andre and me, that's five players and a GM, which for Shadowrun should be a good number. Any more and it's going to start getting really slow when we get to combat -- especially if we're all learning or relearning the rules.

I myself would rather not be the regular GM, but I'm very happy to help whoever does GM get their world set up. I also really like subbing in as GM for a short stint from time to time when the regular GM needs a break. This type of thing might be easier to talk about on Saturday.

If you're looking for me, I should be wearing a Milwaukee Brewers cap.
A former member
Post #: 94
Sounds good
Steve W.
wilcoxon
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 66
I'd love to get into a Shadowrun game but don't have the time right now - too many other games and real life interfering. ;)

So mostly I was just talking about a few of the non-errata changes from SR4 to SR4a. There is also a document named SR4A_changes.pdf (you should be able to find it via Google) that lists most (not all) of the changes from SR4 to SR4A (also, there are a few misprints in the PDF). Doing some quick searching, there have been 2 printings of SR4A but there are at least 3 versions of the PDF (possibly as many as 5) with the extra ones not quite matching printings or errata.
A former member
Post #: 95
Thanks for the heads up!
A former member
Post #: 96
Anyone from Mpls going that could give me a ride? It's a really long bus trip with 2 transfers. I can give you a few bucks for gas. I'm in Uptown on 25th and Dupont
Scott J P.
ScottSr
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
Have been overly busy with work, is anyone going to get a game going. Still interested in joining for Shadowrun
A former member
Post #: 101
I have dropped out of this group. Their once a month game plan didn't suit my purposes. If anyone is available for a GURPS or Shadowrun game located in Minneapolis, I'm all for it. I won't consider groups outside of Minneapolis due to my reliance on public transportation. Taking an hour bus ride to Roseville to meet at The Source or FFG isn't going to work with me. I'm relatively new to RPGs but know how to play. Eventually I'd like to try to GM but at this point I don't have the knowledge.
curtis
user 8589202
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
Oh Geez! I thought this forum would be sending me updates via email.

Anyway, I'm still up for Shadowrun. Let me know. I live in St. Paul on Marshall (Lake for you Minneapolis people), but not to too far from you Nate. Anyway, sorry for being absent. I'm totally going to have to check this more often.

-I'm looking for a job, which means I have a lot of flexibility.
-I'd like to do a game 1/wk if possible, or every 2wks
at least.
- If I GM, I'm pretty informal, just so you know. I also like the tactical side more than the story side.

Or email, really, is best: cyrtis@gmail.com

Thanks!