Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › Post-Apocolyptic powered by Pathfinder

Post-Apocolyptic powered by Pathfinder

Matthew H.
MatthewJHanson
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
I'm thinking about trying to GM a short campaign set in a post-apocalyptic Earth and using a slightly tweaked version of the Pathfinder rules. Anybody interested in playing?
A former member
Post #: 109
Sure
William C.
user 43358752
Eden Prairie, MN
Post #: 4
Will there be psychic powers? (I'm crazy about psionics, and, well, D&D/Pathfinder psionics fit the post-apocalyptic theme, largely because of their original setting - Dark Sun)
Matthew H.
MatthewJHanson
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
Sorry for the delayed response. I thought I checked the "track discussion" box but I guess not.

There will indeed by psionic powers. In fact it will be the primary source of "magic" in the game.

Troy S.
SkullThrone
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 17
Does sound like a great campaign idea...any thoughts on what day of the week or how often or where? I've got a somewhat limited availability, but generally like most Post-Apoc campaigns...especially those with a fantasy twist.
John S
user 58887522
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
Have played a little pathfinder, did not know it had psionics? Would be interest in this type of setting available most nights.
William C.
user 43358752
Eden Prairie, MN
Post #: 6
Have played a little pathfinder, did not know it had psionics? Would be interest in this type of setting available most nights.

Pathfinder Psionics is from a 3rd Party called Dreamscarred Press. Their basic book (Psionics Unleashed) is pretty much just a Pathfinderization of the 3.5 Ed Expanded Psionics Handbook, while Advanced Psionics Handbook has a bunch of brand new stuff. In another Pathfinder game, I play an Egoist specializing in shapeshifting (Metamorphosis power). The Pathfinder d20 srd has Psionics Unleashed and a little from APB up on it.

For me, except when I am on-call (about 7 weeks out of the year), I am free Mon, Wed, and Thurs evenings (I get off at 5 and am in Eden Prairie), Sat all day, and Sun evenings (I have a game in Eagan until 5ish)
Matthew H.
MatthewJHanson
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 6
Yeah, what will said about psionics.

My first choice for gaming would be Wednesday evenings, but Monday or Tuesday might also be possible. I'd like to start between six or six thirty, and probably go go until nine or so. I'm thinking of maybe playing at The Source or another local game store.
Matthew H.
MatthewJHanson
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 8
I'm going to give this one more bump. It looks I'm going to start this next Wednesday (16th). We've got about four players now, but I wouldn't mind one or two more.

I tried to message everybody who replied so far, but only heard back from some, so if you're interested send me a message.

Thanks!
Troy S.
SkullThrone
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 19
Matt, Sorry for the late response, but since this topic started I've committed to a "The One Ring" campaign and another PathFinder that happens to be on Wednesday nights as well...Even if you changed the day, I'm pretty much tapped out on free time...If you setup a campaign site, I wouldn't mind "checking it out", if you don't mind voyeurs in your campaign.