addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › Pathfinder D&D Northern Suburbs

Pathfinder D&D Northern Suburbs

William
user 7972229
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 27
Hi,

I just moved here from Oregon and used to live he a while ago...I'm looking to getting back into the Pathfinder swing of things. Just picked up $300 of Pathfinder gear and ready to play.

I would like to play two times a week or weekly depending on what everyone else can do. I can DM or play and have the main books to play. Also have a battle mat with a lot of creature miniatures to boot.

I am some what open to any day and almost any hours as I can rework my hours at work around what we would like to play. But the best days for me would be Tuesday night, Wednesday Day, Wednesday Night, Saturday Night, Sunday Day, Sunday Night would work the best based on what I work atm. I'm willing to play twice a week or once a week depending on how much everyone else would like to play also.

I live in the Coon Rapids area and would like to play close to home but might be willing to drive if the right group comes a long.

Thanks,
William
William
user 7972229
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 29
I just noticed I didn't update my hometown...sorry!!! I do live in Coon Rapids MN - Looking to make a group or maybe join one if need be. I find it's hard to find ANY groups or players in the North Suburbs.

William
William C.
user 43358752
Eden Prairie, MN
Post #: 15
You could try looking at the Fantasy Flight Games Event Center and Source, both over in Roseville, for games. I know that the Pathfinder Society holds events up there.

(I live in the SW Metro, so I can't be of much help directly)
Troy S.
SkullThrone
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 49
I live in Blaine, I'm in a Pathfinder campaign now that is struggling to make it through the scheduling nightmare that we "Summer". Between vacations, kids activities, work, yard and just the usual gathering and events our campaigns typically implode over summer.

This maybe why you're having such a tough time getting a response due to this same scheduling mess. Plus, it's nearly impossible for me to get a weekly game going, as my free time schedule changes every other week due to my wife's work schedule. So, when you said playing maybe even two times a week, that's only something I can imagine in my dreams (though I prefer battling zombies and other horrors while I sleep).

I decided to respond to encourage the trek to FFEG, it is really a great place, but can get a bit loud for RPGs, but it would give you an instant group that you may be able to start other campaigns with that would be closer to home.

Also, I'm curious what you spent the $300 on...when you refer to it as "Pathfinder Gear"...I'm just wondering if I'm missing something, as all I bring are the core book and dice to my games...Though when I host I do have 2,000+ minis and misc terrain (soon to be expanded with $400 Dwarven Forge, thanks KickStarter) and the resin cast DM Screen with the towers...Just curious what your gear was.
William
user 7972229
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 30
Well I have 3-5 people interested atm - and I think to make up for the random person joining or not being able to play every week I have it set up where all players get the same exp and loot is divided fairly so when that one person doesn't up for a few weeks he/she can join the group without getting shorted on gear or gold. The players that play however get more gear n items because they are playing more often which that person doesn't have access to unless the group allows them to have the item when they return. Seems fair and works out pretty well.

As far as the $300 lmao - I picked up 2 sets of "Cool looking" dice, The Pathfinder players guide, Advanced Players guide, Beastly monster guide 1 with the box set of 300 mini's, gaming mat w/markers. Charter Sheets where the front n back are on one side. And some other random nick naks. $300 was just a random cost I through out so people know I wasn't messing around.

I am looking forward to playing and if anyone would like to join even if it was once or twice a month I would love to add some people to the group. I also want to make sure the group works well as a TEAM!!! Sometimes when people have issues with other people they play with it can effect the game and drag out the story or even leave a bad taste in groups mouth. It's a fun game and I want it to stay that way.

I am very good at coming up with great interesting story's or play myself. I'm very laid back and would like the people I play with be the same. We are all here to enjoy a great story and a break from work/life/etc.

William
Troy S.
SkullThrone
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 50
Well, I'd probably be the once or twice a month player, but I'd be willing to give it a try, since I'm pretty close. When you have the gaming schedule msg me and I'll be able to get back with more firm details on dates I can make or not.

Yeah, it doesn't take all that much to get to $300. I've got a few of the Paizo flip maps, along with a ton of 3D terrain, Mage Knight 3D dungeon and 5 sets of Terraclips (though not the new ones)...but thinking about shifting to Dwarven Forge (now that I'll have about 10 sets coming from the kickstarter). All each of these runs in the $100s, I was just curious if we had similar addictions, hehe.

William
user 7972229
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 31
Dates for the the month of May are as Follows
5/22 Wed - Noon - 10pm **(Midnight if group is able to at the latest)**
5/25 Sat - 7pm - Midnight **(Can play later if group is able to)**
5/26 Sun - Noon - 10pm **(Midnight latest)**

We can text questions or call me via phone at 763-567-8283

William