Minnesota Animal Rescue Volunteers Message Board › What would you like to see as our next Meet Up?

What would you like to see as our next Meet Up?

Lisle
Lisle
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
Thanks to everyone that came out on Saturday for our first MeetUp! It was a great success, and I'm pleased to say that we'll have close to 70 homemade dog and cat toys to deliver to Second Chance Animal Rescue this week. I'd like to know what you'd like to do next...here are some options:
*Make homemade toys again--new and different toys
*Another workshop making the same toys
*A group outing with our pets to an event that benefits local rescues
*An informational class--on training, bite prevention, or another subject (give me your feedback on what you'd be interested in learning about)
*A fundraiser (there would be a charge) at a venue that would let you drink wine and learn how to paint a portrait of your pet
*Something else--very open to suggestions! This is your MeetUp--what would you like to do?

Melissa P.
user 82443992
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 1
I think that it would be great to make toys again, either the same or different. Any type of event that would benefit local rescues or a fundraiser would be great as well, in my opinion. I would definitely come to any of those events.
Jillian D.
user 95033692
Chaska, MN
I found a how-to on making feral cat houses out of rubbermaid totes insulated with styrofoam coolers. I was hoping maybe we could get a group together to make them, it would be a great thing to do for the kitties as it gets colder outside. Also, do you have any connections with businesses to try and get a discount on the materials as it would be charitable and non-profit? Also it would be great if people could gather information on locations where feral cats are to find suitable places to put these feral cat houses. I know of a couple good areas, but maybe other members are aware of other areas where feral cats are. I believe this link will take you to the image of how to build the houses so you can see what is involved. https://scontent-b-or...­
A former member
Feline Rescue, Inc. is having a cat house challenge, food drive, and feral cat information this Sunday, October 27 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at their shelter. Here is the link for the event:
http://felinerescue.b...­
Lisle
Lisle
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 6
This is such a great idea! I"m sorry I didn't see the post right away. I'm not sure about the discount on the materials but I will look into it. Would you be looking for a discount at a store like Home Depot, etc?

I found a how-to on making feral cat houses out of rubbermaid totes insulated with styrofoam coolers. I was hoping maybe we could get a group together to make them, it would be a great thing to do for the kitties as it gets colder outside. Also, do you have any connections with businesses to try and get a discount on the materials as it would be charitable and non-profit? Also it would be great if people could gather information on locations where feral cats are to find suitable places to put these feral cat houses. I know of a couple good areas, but maybe other members are aware of other areas where feral cats are. I believe this link will take you to the image of how to build the houses so you can see what is involved. https://scontent-b-or...­

Lisle
Lisle
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 7
This sounds great! Do you know if the houses that you can buy and customize yourself are available to purchase at the event? I think it might be a little late (sorry about not seeing these emails sooner!) to pull together a plan and get the materials together to build our own.
Feline Rescue, Inc. is having a cat house challenge, food drive, and feral cat information this Sunday, October 27 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at their shelter. Here is the link for the event:
http://felinerescue.b...­

Lisle
Lisle
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 8
Do you prefer free events or would you like to do fundraisers as well. I volunteered at a Pause 4 Paws fundraiser this past week and I got in for free for volunteering, and helped with the live auction at the event. It was really fun.If you're interested, I can set these up as meet ups in the future for this group to volunteer for. The next one I believe is in May. Really fun event. Also, what do you think about teams to do walks or runs as a Land O'Licks team to benefit rescues?
I think that it would be great to make toys again, either the same or different. Any type of event that would benefit local rescues or a fundraiser would be great as well, in my opinion. I would definitely come to any of those events.

Melissa P.
user 82443992
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 2
I would be interested in free events, fundraising, volunteering or doing a walk or run. Anything we can do to help, I'm pretty open.
Do you prefer free events or would you like to do fundraisers as well. I volunteered at a Pause 4 Paws fundraiser this past week and I got in for free for volunteering, and helped with the live auction at the event. It was really fun.If you're interested, I can set these up as meet ups in the future for this group to volunteer for. The next one I believe is in May. Really fun event. Also, what do you think about teams to do walks or runs as a Land O'Licks team to benefit rescues?