This is it! How many times have you promised yourself you would get in shape and start eating better? You can do both by committing to a regular walking regime and implementing some nutrition tips and guidelines to help you shed pounds. By supporting others in their efforts, you in turn will empower yourself to take charge of your health and embark on a journey to a more vital you.
If you have any doubt regarding the health benefits of walking, studies show that walking can:
- reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke (especially important if these diseases run in your family)
- decrease blood pressure and improve digestion
- decrease high cholesterol
- increase bone density to help prevent osteoporosis
- reduce fatigue and increase energy
- relieve stress and tension
- increase number of calories burned and when combined with a healthy eating regime will result in ideal weight
- promote positive body image
- increase body's oxygen requirement and thereby train heart, lungs and muscles to work more efficiently
We are currently walking Saturday mornings at 9:00am at Erindale Park.
To achieve maximum results from walking, the pace will be brisk but all you need is some comfortable weather appropriate clothing, some good walking shoes and and a desire to achieve your goals. Come out and burn some calories, tone some muscle and meet other women for fitness, fun and friendship. It's as easy as putting one foot in front of the other.
* Please note that this group has been meeting for 3 years and many of the core walkers have improved their fitness level considerably. if you are a beginner, you may find that you have difficulty keeping up with some of the group initially. On any given week there may or may not be women with varying fitness levels. It is the intention that you connect with other members that walk at a pace similar to your own. If you come out every week and also do some additional walking, you will improve at a rapid rate. It would be ideal for you to consider bringing a friend to the first meetup if you cannot or simply do not want to walk briskly.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:00 AM