MSSC BLOOD DRIVE - TUESDAY, APRIL 15 (Please arrive between 6:45-7pm)
Donating on another date? Please use our Partners for Life ID #MSSC079252
Ever thought of donating blood, but just had way too many excuses to actually go through with it? Have it on your bucket list, but haven't gotten around to it yet? Did you know that it takes as many as 50 units of blood to save one car crash victim?
It's time to make the time. Here are 10 reasons you should donate:
1. You will get free juice and cookies.
2. You will weigh less - one pint less when you leave than when you came in.
3. It's easy and convenient - it only takes about an hour and we’ve set the date and time for you!
4. It's something you can spare - most people have blood to spare... yet, there is still not enough to go around.
5. Nobody can ask you to do any heavy lifting as long as you have the bandage on. You can wear it for as long as you like. It's your badge of honour.
6. You will walk a little taller afterwards - you will feel good about yourself.
7. You will be helping to ensure that blood is there when you or someone close to you may need it. Most people don't think they'll ever need blood, but many do.
8. It's something you can do on equal footing with the rich and famous - blood is something money can't buy, only something one person can give to another.
9. You will be someone's HERO - you may give a newborn, a child, a mother or a father, a brother or a sister another chance at life. In fact, you may help save up to three lives with just one donation.
10. Did I mention, you will get free juice and cookies? Oh, and we’ll most likely be grabbing a beverage at Fionn MacCool's afterward.
**If you are busy on this date, but you become a donor in the future, please let the clinic know that you’re donating on behalf of the MSSC (ID #MSSC079252). We will be setting yearly donation goals and YOU can help us achieve them. I believe that we will be rewarded with even more juice and cookies.
*Drink LOTS of water on April 15 (and in general!), and be sure to eat well that day, especially before you donate.
*Your iron will be tested to ensure that you are eligible to donate. In general, pumping iron into your diet will add more energy to your day, and increase the oxygen in your body. Looking for foods rich in iron to help you meet the daily iron requirement? Try adding Spinach, Pumpkin Seeds, Dark Chocolate, Lentils, Quinoa, Beans, and Lean Meats to your daily diet.
FIRST TIME DONORS:
If you are a first time donor, please arrive at 6:45pm, or as early as possible. Click here for BASIC ELIGIBILITY.
BE A HERO:
I hope that you JOIN US - Please help us achieve our Partners for Life goal of 40 donations in 2014! Be part of something GOOD for you and someone in need.