NOTE: Session begins at 7:00pm, please arrive 15 mins early for some snacks!
For episode #24 and in the month of love (aka February), we are excited to have John Smid, Managing Partner of 70 Main Street, an award-winning marketing agency, talk to us about their photo-sharing app, Bliiss, made exclusively for weddings.
Using Bliiss, wedding guests can take pictures with their smartphones or digital cameras and share them to the couple's Bliiss wedding album through an exclusive access code. It’s really a great way to extend, relive and share the bliss amongst family and friends, an experience that can't be made with traditional professional photography!
In this session, we'll learn more about:
• Operating a mobile startup within an established company and dealing with competing priorities
• How to handle a quantum shift in your business model
• Navigating Apple policy (ugh)
• Where we are now and how you can get involved
• Design methodology and key challenges
• How design can be a differentiator
• Photo management in a multi-platform environment
• How to build a complex ecosystem where mobile plays just a part
• Deciding between Web App vs. Native App
Learn more about Bliiss: https://www.sharethebliiss.com
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seventyms.bliiss.android
Background on our Case Study Series:
The presenting team will lead the discussion by sharing their experiences in mobile. The rest of us give feedback, ask questions and share lessons. Our general rules for peer discussion still apply: no props and no pitches.
Background for new attendees:
Mobile Startups TO is a monthly meetup for members to discuss applications and implications of mobile technologies and strategies. Our meetings are best suited for (but not limited to):
* Mobile business founders
* Designers and creative directors
* Marketing professionals
* Independent and professional mobile app developers
* Anyone with an interest in helping to build the mobile revolution
* $5 fee goes towards securing your spot and food/non-alcoholic drinks for each attendee