Announcing a new Meetup for Mojave Underground Utah!What
: Wendover Mine Documentation Expedition When
: Saturday, January 8,[masked]:00 AMWhere
: Peppermill Hotel
680 Wendover Blvd
Experience Mining History!
Your chance to explore and document mine sites with the Mojave Mine Team!
This is a great opportunity to work side by side with the Mojave Mine Team while we document and explore the historic abandoned mines of the west. Many of these mines are scheduled for reclamation and their workings need to be properly documented and explored before they are sealed forever. As a free-form documentation activity you will be able to get involved in the planning and execution of this trip. Bring your notepads, cameras, and safety gear and be ready for a good time!
For this activity we will be meeting in Wendover, Nevada at the Peppermill hotel. Rides out to Wendover can be coordinated in advance, If you would like to drive and have 4x4 please let us know. You are welcome to stay the night in Wendover Friday night with us
, or show up Saturday morning. We'll plan our activities Saturday morning as a group. Due to snow depths and conditions the area that we document on Sunday could change at any time. The area we choose to document will be no more than a couple hours drive from Wendover and we will plan to be back at the hotel by 6:00PM.
This is a winter trip, prepare to be outside for extended hours in the snow. It is very likely that accessing the mines will require hiking around in the snow, bring snow boots and your regular mine exploration footwear.
- Plan on meeting at 9AM at the Peppermill Hotel in Wendover Nevada - 680 Wendover Blvd.
Wendover, NV 89883. If you are going to arrive late, please call us and let us know so we can keep track of everyone.
- Please brings your own safety gear! - This includes a helmet / hardhat, trustworthy light source, extra batteries, and a backup light. Those without safety gear will NOT be permitted to enter the mines.
- This is a winter trip and you will need bring all your cold weather gear!
- You are responsible for providing your own hotel room, If you wish to share a room please coordinate this ahead of time.
- You are responsible for all of your own meals! You will need to pack a lunch and snack for Sunday afternoon and a dinner for Friday/Saturday evening. There are several restaurant options available in Wendover for Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning. No food will be provided by Mojave Underground.
- You must be 18 years of age or older in order to participate.
This is a trip you do not want to miss out on!
GROUP SIZE IS VERY LIMITED, RSVP NOW!
Donations are not required, but much appreciated! Your donations help make these trips happen! You'll find a link to do so at: http://www.MojaveUnderground.com
You can also donate when the event is over.
RSVP to this Meetup: