NEW MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
When you apply, make sure that you:
1. Are using a group profile photo that shows your face
2. Provide your full name for safety reasons
3. Are ready to meet in person. We are asking all prospective members to attend a meet and greet in a public place such as a library or park
WHO WE ARE
Mommy and Me of Suffolk County is a laid back group of local moms with babies, toddlers and preschoolers. Membership is open to all moms, whether stay-at-home or working. We love to make new friends. The more, the merrier! Join us!
Our meetup is easy to find. Just type http://suffolkmommas.com
Our mission is to bring moms together in person to make real connections and friendships that outlive our time in this group!
• We're proud that over 400 different moms have come out in person to our events over the past 3 years. This is not just an online community.
• This group is truly a team effort: we have 27 main organizers and over 90 of our members have hosted events. You are welcome to host too!
• We have a nice mix of regulars and new members in the group. It's nice to be able to see familiar faces each week while still making new friends!
• We're very active. Most weeks we have 10 or more events to choose from, including nights and weekends. It is not uncommon to have 20 moms or more come out to a single event and if big crowds are not your thing we have smaller events too.
• There are almost 700 babies and children in this group, most ranging between newborn and 5 years.
Most of our events are either completely free or under $5. We do things like:
• New mom chats
• stroller walks
• group parties for Valentines day, Halloween, our group founding date, and the holidays
• Messy sensory play
• Baby play dates
• toddler nature hikes
• free mom 5k training and run/walking as a team in local charity races
• home play dates
• toddler educational play dates
• museum and zoo field trips (often discounted)
• pool parties
• playground play dates
• private discounted events at local children's centers and play places
• Children's yoga
• our very own toddler bowling league
• mom-only special events like group tea parties, coffee nights, mom cocktails, bowling, and mini golfing
• group picnics
ACTIVE AND PERSONAL
To keep our community active and small enough that our organizers can get to know every individual member, we are currently limiting membership to 360 members, with a goal to get that number down to 300 by the end of the summer. For every new member we let in, we are removing at least one current member who has not participated in our events.
We're pretty laid back. To remain in the group we ask for some basic courtesies:
1. Treat everyone in the group with kindness and respect
2. Attend stuff! We'd like to see everyone in person at an event at least once every 6 months.
3. You are accountable for your RSVPs and notifying hosts when your plans change.
4. Please no business promotion of any kind in our playdates. If you want to let our community know about your product or service, please consider becoming a paid sponsor
Get the word out about your business to the moms in this group
Helps pay our group costs & gives member discounts on babycare products
Helps to cover our Meetup expenses in 2016
Helping cover group expenses and offering a special member discount
Supporting the group and mommy style.
Sponsoring our group Halloween Costume party and more!
Professional photographer who helps pay our group expenses!
Helps pay our group costs and provides special MMSC-only classes
Providing special MMSC classes
Click here to chip in towards our operating costs. Any amount will help
2,234 LI Dog Owners
513 Holistic health & Spiritualist
1,265 Active Long Islanders