Forming friendships is so important for our kids, but it's also vital for moms to have companionship with other moms who can relate to the fun (and sometimes stressful) job of being a parent.
Please take the time to read this group description before requesting to join. The answers to your profile questions should help us get to know you and clearly communicate why you think you would be a good fit with this group.
**Please select a profile picture that is a fairly recent photo of yourself to help members identify you at events.**
- Location of events: Other than the occasional trip to the zoo, children’s museum, etc., we will plan most of our events in Chandler, west Gilbert, Tempe, or east Ahwatukee.
- Age parameters: We think it promotes group continuity when both moms and kids are in a similar age group. We are accepting moms ages 28-37 who have at least one child born in 2011, 2012, or 2013. If you have (or will have) additional children born outside these parameters, no problem! We just want to make sure everyone has at least one child in that range so that the types of activities, and the times they are planned, will be appropriate for all members.
- Scheduling: The organizers of this group, and most of our members, are stay-at-home moms. Most of our MeetUps with the kiddos are scheduled Monday-Friday mornings, usually beginning around 9:00 or 10:00, with the occasional lunchtime or afternoon event. We try to plan a monthly moms-only evening or weekend event, plus the occasional weekend family event for dads to join. We welcome working moms, but if your position is full-time with traditional M-F hours, you won't be able to attend many of our events (see the Attendance section). Be as specific as possible regarding your availability in your profile; we do compile that information and use it when planning our events.
- Attendance: We are keeping the group small so that we can form some close friendships. We are looking for moms to get involved and hope that you can attend many of our events each month! If that is not possible, we do ask that you commit to at least one event per month. We will try to have a variety of dates, times, and activities available so that you have a lot to choose from, but if attending once per month is ever a problem, just stay in touch to let us know!
- Member Dues: We ask that you contribute $10 annually to help cover the fees charged by MeetUp for us to run this group. Please attend some of our events first though, just to make sure this group is a good fit. Once your request to join is accepted, you’ll have 30 days to try out the group before payment is due.
- Communication: please wait to RSVP for an event until you can reasonably commit to attend. Please treat each MeetUp as if it's plans with a good friend; if you can’t attend, notify us by changing your RSVP to No with as much advance notice as possible and prior to the start of the event. We expect all members to be respectful of other members' time, so you will be asked to leave the group if last-minute cancellations or no-shows become excessive.
- Etiquette for both moms and kids: be respectful, kind, and supportive to other moms and kiddos at all times. Most kids in this age group are little sponges and parrots, so when they are around, please keep language and conversation topics “kid-friendly”. Our events will be one of the ways our kids learn appropriate social behavior, so please promptly address issues such as kicking, biting, hitting, or other forms of aggression. No one likes a bully! If you witness inappropriate behavior and are not comfortable addressing it directly, notify an organizer asap.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:30 AM
Saturday, April 4, 2015 9:00 AM
Monday, April 6, 2015 9:30 AM
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 9:00 AM
Friday, April 10, 2015 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 11, 2015 9:00 AM
Monday, April 13, 2015 9:30 AM
Saturday, April 18, 2015 7:00 PM
Monday, April 20, 2015 9:30 AM
Sunday, April 26, 2015 7:00 PM
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.