Montana Programmers Message Board Montana Programmers Discussion Forum › Next Bozeman Talk Topic

Next Bozeman Talk Topic

Jade R.
jaderobbins
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 1
I remember at the last Bozeman Meetup we decided to try and figure out our next talk topic on the website.

Anyone have some ideas that they want to talk about for our next meeting?!
Ashton S.
Ashotn.Sanders
Polson, MT
Post #: 31
Well, I'll throw around some ideas to hopefully get the ball rolling. (Honestly, I probably wont be able to make it all the way out there, so no opinions from me ;))

Random (and reused) Meetup Ideas:

Ruby Continued...
Search Engine Optimization
CSS
HTML5/CSS3
PHP Debugging
CMS vs hand-coding

You can also have a couple mini-presentations on different topics of interest to keep everyone happy ;)
Ryan S.
user 6176878
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 4
Maybe anyone in the group who is willing to give a talk could say what they know a lot about. I also like the mini-talk idea.
Nathan S.
groundswell
Missoula, MT
Post #: 8
I'm hoping to come down from Missoula to the next Bozeman Meetup and connect and contribute. My two top favorite things to talk about our SEO and using Facebook for Business. If this interests anyone else perhaps a discussion and Q&A would provide some interesting information for folks. Perhaps I can talk Monica Ray into coming down as well from the Social Media Club Missoula group. They have a great event this Wednesday, May 19 comparing black hat and white hat SEO: http://www.smcmissoul...­

Anyone know the date of the next meetup in Bozeman, I haven't seen it on the calendar yet?

--

Nathan Stephens | Co-Founder
Montana Web Designers & Developers Association
http://www.MTWDA.org...­
http://www.linkedin.c...­
Philip D.
manifestphil
Bozeman, MT
Hi Nathan,

Both of these topics sound very interesting to me. I know that Ryan Stout has had quite a bit of experience developing Facebook Apps too. Evan Johnson has an interesting concept up his sleeve for Facebook as well.

Next scheduled meetup is Thursday, June 3 at 6pm.
Ryan S.
user 6176878
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 5
Phillip,
Would you or one of your associates be interested in doing a "design for programmers" talk? I've seen that theme go over really well at conferences. Maybe it could cover things like typography, some of the css grid frameworks, basic photoshop, and visual priority, etc.. Would a talk like that interest anyone?
Also, I have done tons of facebook stuff, maybe thats a topic a few of us facebook developers could cover down the road. In my opinion, now's kind of a weird time to do it since a lot of the api's are shifting and at the moment very few apps are growing because facebook has turned down all of the viral mechanics. (It comes in waves, but right now even the huge games/apps are losing about 10% of their traffic per month)
Jade R.
jaderobbins
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 2
++ on the design for programmers. I often find myself wondering about what actual design principals are behind things I enjoy.
Philip D.
manifestphil
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 2
Alright! Sounds like design for programmers it is, but let's keep the format pretty informal. I really like Nathan's idea of a bit of a round table discussion. Based on my current workload it will be difficult for me to prepare much of anything, but will attempt to get something together to present.

I may also put my feelers out to several designers I work with to see if they would be interested in attending as well.

Any ideas on topics you'd like to see covered will be much appreciated!
stephani s.
geekgrrl0
Bozeman, MT
I didn't see this meeting on the calendar yet, are we still planning it for June 3, the first Thursday of the June?

I am up in Helena for a summer internship and am trying to plan my schedule so I can make it. Thanks!

--Stephani
Ian M.
IanMerwin
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 36
Aight! I finally caught up with all of you... The Meeting is schedule and confirmed with Rob at RightNow.

Design for programmers and anything in and around that topic. Will be more 'informal' and if you have something you would like to share -- or designer friends that are willing / able... please DO INVITE THEM!

Round-table-ish so bring questions, etc.

Thanks, see you there!

Ian