Montana Programmers Message Board Montana Programmers Discussion Forum › Tell us how you found out about Montana Programmers!

Tell us how you found out about Montana Programmers!

Nathan S.
groundswell
Missoula, MT
Post #: 28
tongue Tell us how you found out about Montana Programmers! smile
Nathan S.
groundswell
Missoula, MT
Post #: 29
I met Ian and Ashton I believe at the second annual Missoula BarCamp the spring/summer of 2008. I remember how fired up Ian was about starting this group and interfacing with the Montana tech community! I remember being blown away with Ashton's CSS skills and knowledge. Awesome how this group has grown in 4 years!
Ken D.
The-Web-Mechanic
Missoula, MT
Post #: 24
I haven't had much chance to join in with the Montana Programmer meetups.. but plan to rectify that soon!

When my wife and I made plans to to Move to Missoula last year, I found the Programmer's via good old Google! Other Meetups and events as well. I had some "non-programming, new to Missoula" questions - like local internet providers, computer services and the like and received some great and helpful info! I felt welcomed! If in the flurry of moving (actually twice-but thats another story) I never gave proper thanks to anyone for the support... Thank you!

I'll echo Nathan with regards to BarCamp Missoula! It was a fantastic intermingling of the tech and non-tech community and a great opportunity to put some faces with the tech names I have seen here. I'm looking forward to future events and seeing the Montana, and Missoula in particular, tech community coordinating and growing!
David G.
eidolon1138
Frenchtown, MT
Post #: 1
I have been living near Missoula for almost 10 years, but my jobs have always been out of state. I am between gigs (unemployed) right now and thought it would be a great time to network. A friend of mine had heard of your meetups and suggested I seek you out. I can't wait for the next Missoula event.

Thanks!
Rob L.
roblund
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 11
I think I saw a tweet from Phil Downer that the first Bozeman Montana Programmers meetup was out at his office, so I went.
Shawn W.
lannocc
Billings, MT
Post #: 2
I got connected on Facebook somehow (don't remember how it was suggested). My background is primarily Java and Linux, but I've been known to do a number of HTML/CSS/JS and SQL tasks as well. I've been involved in the Billings Linux Users Group for a number of years, and am always interested in meeting more developers in the area! I just moved my office and find myself with extra space as well so I'm hoping to get some meetups going soon for the Billings area.