Montana Programmers Message Board Montana Programmers Discussion Forum › How hard is a SEO site? And, do you need Google adWords?

How hard is a SEO site? And, do you need Google adWords?

Brad
user 9152984
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 23
My answers: How hard is a SEO site? Not that hard (not even a day's work, and with NO cost). I will prove it by getting a new web page of mine in the top 10 of search engines (via people doing a reasonable search) in the next 2-3 weeks. The page does not yet exist, but will make a nice demo. Stay tuned.

About Google adWords: I have had 5 pages of mine come up in the top 10 via reasonable searches -- and these pages have had this kind of ranking for 10 years straight. Nothing was ever paid for to get this (no adWords). Just FYI. Facts are facts. Some facts are good.
Brad
user 9152984
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 24
October is not even over. It has not been even 1 week and I have the new site/page coming up (via an extremely reasonable Google search: montana web programmer ) in the top 10. (Admittedly, this may not last; sometimes it does, but usually uniqueness is a positive factor -- and my page lacks that, so it may well not last.) But, I am demonstrating there are things you can do that provide good success for FREE (no adWords)
Nathan S.
groundswell
Missoula, MT
Post #: 48
What is the website url?
Brad
user 9152984
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 25
To avoid any self-promotion, let me just say it is the one beginning with https://secure3... ... (The fact that it is
there is otherwise Google's fault; people should not look at it if they can't 'handle' that ...)
Nathan S.
groundswell
Missoula, MT
Post #: 49
That site will likely get flagged for keyword stuffing in the long run.
Brad
user 9152984
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 26
Nathan, I have had several pages that were in the top 10 in Google searches for 10 years straight (though I have slipped to #22 out of 80 million for: religious doubt (the cyberper... site))*. For several years the non-profit I did free work for (including SEO) was in the top 10 _and stayed there_ and in one reasonable search it comes up #1 out of 2 BILLION (which, I believe, may make me the world SEO record holder for the best "#1 out of many") -- and I have shown this to you. There are several other factors involved other than keywords, but all doable in a half day. [By the way I never charge for SEO, but only do it for good causes, friends, ...) ] *FOOTNOTE: Updating pages is a factor. If I had updated my religious doubt page in the last year or so, it would likely be in the top 10 still.
Brad
user 9152984
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 27
Just FYI. The page (_or_ its mirror) is still in the top 10 in all the top 5 search engines (for the search terms noted before). Thus, the techniques I use works not just for Google, but for all major search engines.