Phyllis E.
phylliserck
Missoula, MT
Post #: 22
This month's meetup started with a presentation by Nora McDougall on how to add functionality to a wordpress site by using a template. Her demonstration of a real-life programming challenge and solution made this complex task look simple. Video of Nora's talk can be seen on the Videos page

After the presentation we had a quick round-table which generated interesting questions and comments.

I demonstrated the new Ruby's website rubysmontana.com­ and the corresponding subsites of the multisite erckhotels.com­. Heather announced the grand opening of her new store Missoula Tea Company on 1st Friday. Patrick continues to work on the Missoula Audobon Society site. Bridgett is working on a new website that she isn't ready to reveal yet, but assures us it's going to be a fun one. Good job, building our anticipation. Rosemary joined us for her 1st time and shared her new website project Concerned Catholics of Montana that she has only been working on for a few weeks. Mick continues to progress with his various projects including the Montana Postal Workers Union site and reported with excitement on his recent attendance at the Pearl Jam concert. Larry talked about how he juggles working his day-job 40+/wk while honing his new Wordpress developing his Italy Excursions site and also doing work for me. New faces, Decker and Arlin showed us some of their web development skills. They both come from heavy programming backgrounds. New to Wordpress, Earl joined us quietly. Rebecca talked about her upcoming classes. Judy Maloney continues to blog on assisted care facilities on Judy's Blog. Ken demonstrated a cool image map he developed on a beautiful site he's developing for a client.

Someone asked about putting testimonials on their WP site. I've worked with the Testimonials Widget plugin like it alot. You can see it in action on the Monkey Bar Gym Missoula website.

If you were there you know it was a great session and please feel free to post your comments here as well. If you weren't there, you missed a great one and we hope to see you next month.