We are a group of people in the Morgantown Area who love science, skepticism, critical thinking, who believe in the separation of church and state, and are atheists, agnostics, naturalists and humanists.
Anyone with an open mind is invited.
We meet regularly in Morgantown and sometimes Fairmont, so feel free to come join us to expand your horizons, learn something interesting, meet and socialize with friends, and generally have a good time.
Morgantown Atheists is a dynamic group of freethinking, skeptical atheists who love reason, science and learning. We are centered in Morgantown, WV. We get together about 3 times a month for a general meeting (with a topic of discussion), a book club, a Religion of the Month club where we discuss and learn about different religions of the world, and also to do good works as our Good Without God program. We talk about religion, atheism, science, philosophy, current events and much much more. Find us on Facebook. Morgantown Atheists is one of the founding groups of Morgantown Coalition of Reason. We are an affiliate of American Atheists, the American Humanism Association, and the Secular Coalition for America.
- to develop and support the atheist community
- to provide opportunities for socializing and friendship
- to help those who want to "come out of the religious closet"
- to promote critical thinking, education and science
- to promote secular viewpoints
- to encourage positive atheist culture
- to defend the first amendment principle of church-state separation
- to oppose discrimination against atheists
- to help others and offer public service
- to work with other organizations in pursuit of common goals
We define atheism as a lack of belief in gods. This definition also encompasses what most people call agnosticism.