Morris & Sussex Active Friends is a private, adult, social club with a focus on making new friends in the context of outdoor activities and nature. We regularly go hiking, biking, kayaking, snowshoeing, etc. A social club is not a business or a service. Activities are lead by member volunteers who simply love the outdoors, but have full-time day jobs in various industries. No one is a professional guide or ranger, and no member should have that expectation. Going out with us is the same as going out with a few friends. Expect the same risks, take the same precautions. All adult ages are welcome, but please read all activity descriptions carefully before attending an event to make sure you have the physical stamina and appropriate gear to participate in a particular activity.
• Face profile photo (No pets, flowers, objects, obscured/disguised faces, etc.)
• A real human first name (No last names are necessary, but please NO pseudonyms, trademarks, or business names are allowed)
• Couples must have separate profiles. We cannot get an accurate headcount for events if people double up.
• Adults only. We do not perform background searches. Therefore, for safety reasons, children under the age of 18 years are not permitted to attend this group's events. Please note that parents cannot legally waive a minor's right to bring a lawsuit for negligence or any other cause of action so we cannot accept exposure to that potential liability.
• $5.00 Non-Refundable Annual Dues, payable either upon sign up or after a 30-day trial period. The organizer reserves the right to remove any member, without refund of membership dues, whose behavior or actions in any way represent misconduct, hostile or offensive behavior or activity, or would cause harm to him/herself or others.
• Signed waiver of liability form is mandatory before participating in any activity.
Starting in August 2016, we plan to have an end of summer party for the membership at an outdoor venue.
Hope to see you soon!
676 Fun Social Singles
1,296 Movie & Dining Fans
499 Kayakers & Trail Bike Riders
6,726 Hiking Enthusiasts